Watching Full TV Episodes on Droid Eris??
nnj00

I really miss VCast Videos where I was able to catch my favorite ABC Shows. Has anyone found a way to watch TV episodes on the Droid?

0 Likes
Re: Watching Full TV Episodes on Droid Eris??
JFox

I watch episodes on my Droid from TV.com.  There is an app in the Market.  You can also go into YouTube "shows" and also CBS.com.

0 Likes
JFox
I neglected to say that TV.com doesn't include ABC or NBC. Hang 10 Vuivision has live ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox, there is no app, but there is a subscription fee.
0 Likes
brandon74

I don't have a Droid yet, but are you able to watch shows off of Hulu or Fancast on the Droid? What about if you wanted to access the actual network website like NBC or ABCs page and watch a full TV episode that they list on there?

0 Likes
Art010606
Enthusiast - Level 3

brandon74 wrote:

I don't have a Droid yet, but are you able to watch shows off of Hulu or Fancast on the Droid? What about if you wanted to access the actual network website like NBC or ABCs page and watch a full TV episode that they list on there?

on the droid that would be a no as of now. it doesnt support flash. i have an htc magic (tmobile my touch). i have it rooted running the sense ui that is from what you guys would call your htc eris, and it supports flash, but over network connection, it takes a good min to get something streaming from hulu. i believe that flash is slated to come out for one of the standard google updates within the next 2 drop or as a stand alone. theres plenty of apps out there for tv/movies though. some have charges, some are free, some can be obtained........

tv.com: which is a cbs app gives you access to full shows and clips from cbs/cw/showtime/cnet/cbssports/cbsnews/gamespot/et and some more

lukluk: movies, full length and also some trailers. arent new new movies but good if you have some time and want to watch gladiator or something else good.

Jetflicks: this one you have to pay for or find a way to obtain. my fav,all kinds of full shows, from the cleveland show to entourage to lost and lie to me to weeds and will and grace. tons of stuff plus kids shows. this is by far my fav one like i said.

0 Likes
brandon74

Art010606 wrote:

brandon74 wrote:

on the droid that would be a no as of now. it doesnt support flash. i have an htc magic (tmobile my touch). i have it rooted running the sense ui that is from what you guys would call your htc eris, and it supports flash, but over network connection, it takes a good min to get something streaming from hulu. i believe that flash is slated to come out for one of the standard google updates within the next 2 drop or as a stand alone. theres plenty of apps out there for tv/movies though. some have charges, some are free, some can be obtained........

tv.com: which is a cbs app gives you access to full shows and clips from cbs/cw/showtime/cnet/cbssports/cbsnews/gamespot/et and some more

lukluk: movies, full length and also some trailers. arent new new movies but good if you have some time and want to watch gladiator or something else good.

Jetflicks: this one you have to pay for or find a way to obtain. my fav,all kinds of full shows, from the cleveland show to entourage to lost and lie to me to weeds and will and grace. tons of stuff plus kids shows. this is by far my fav one like i said.

Thanks for the response. So, for the apps like Jetflicks that you have to pay for, is it just a one time payment to download the app, or is it a subscription thing, and you have to pay a monthy fee to use the application?

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

The main thing with Hulu and YouTube is flash itself. Flash is very CPU intenstive to the point where netbooks cant even play those HD videos full screen... even normal quality tends to skip at full screen. Anyone ever notice how your laptop fans kick on after watching Hulu for awhile? That CPU hungry flash at work!

Anyhow, dont expect battery life to last much more then one Hulu movie if we do in fact get the ability to use Hulu!

0 Likes
ciampamp
Contributor - Level 1

If you online to the mobile NBC site you can watch full episodesd of current shows (30 Rock, The Office, Heroes) and some classics.  I was just watching an old episode of the A-Team last night.  I miss George Peppard :smileysad:

0 Likes
JFox

Hang 10 Vuivision service down currently.  Networks have filed suit for copyright infringement according to an article online.

0 Likes