Voicemail notification icon
teresaj
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Droid2 continually displays the voicemail icon & shows this notification,  "New voicemail (8)" , even tho I have NO new or saved voicemails.  How do I get rid of this erroneous icon/notification?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voicemail notification icon
teresaj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update:  At long last I found that I can clear the VM notification icon by calling Voicemail, selecting 4 for Personal Options, then selection 1 or 2 to turn the notification icon on or off.  Problem solved....

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

On my Incredible I can do the followling.... (Worth a shot)

From the main menu choose MENU>SETTINGS>CALL

In there is an option to clear VM notifications.

0 Likes
teresaj
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wish!  The Droid2 MENU>SETTINGS>CALL has no option to clear VM notifications.  Thanks for the suggestion, tho.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Are you using VVM because I have had that headache, usually I was able to resolve it by calling VM and listen to the most recent 4 or 5 messages and then go back to phone and refresh info and then reboor and the notice is usually gone.  I know its a pain...

0 Likes
teresaj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update:  At long last I found that I can clear the VM notification icon by calling Voicemail, selecting 4 for Personal Options, then selection 1 or 2 to turn the notification icon on or off.  Problem solved....

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

But wont that stop the notification all together, so you wont know when you get a message, you might want to check that you can still know when you have messages.

0 Likes
linrosie

I want the voicemail notification icon.  Can't find it?

0 Likes