Verizon messenger reply missing on moto 360
Bax1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The moto 360 updated to the latest version on Android wear and now I can't reply to texts on the moto 360. Is anyone else having this problem? It worked fine before the update does verizon messenger need to fixed or the moto 360?

Re: Verizon messenger reply missing on moto 360
ArchFalcun
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have exact same problem and have not found solution. Talked briefly with Motorola customer service and.they didnt provide any insight. Just did factory reset on m360 and didn't help.

Roscomann
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here. I tried the chat function in VZ Tech Coach and apparently interrupted someone's nap. They condescendingly and rudely told me that Verizon doesn't make the 360 and if have to go to them. Then they said my software needed to be updated. I checked and it's current. So, why can't Verizon answer a question about Verizon's app nor indicate they would say least report the issue to the real tech team?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Roscomann,

I know that this would definitely bug me a bit too and I would certainly want to figure out what exactly is causing the issue. We definitely want to help shed some light on the topic for everybody and happy to help any way we can. Reviewing our resources we were not able to locate any known software issues similar to this issue. However, after reviewing Motorola's website and device information it appears that this would be the normal functionality of the device. Within their guides on how to reply to a message it would state:

"Certain features such as replying to messages are not currently supported on the native text messaging application. Additional features may be available by using Hangouts as your default messaging application."

So it appears that you may be able to use the Hangouts application in order to reply to messages. You may also have the option to use another third party messaging application from the Google Play Store, but you will need to test in order to determine compatibility.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Roscomann
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for that reply. The only difficulty I have with this response is that I was previously able to reply using the Moto 360 via message+. So, something has to have changed. Also, the other comments in this thread from others refer to losing the ability to reply. I am also hesitant to add another messaging app as I have a galaxy s6 and unfortunately, Samsung failed miserably with battery performance. Adding apps means sacrificing battery.

0 Likes
emock81

I would like to also respond to confirm that I used to be able to respond to text messages directly from my 360 with Message+ but that no longer is working.  Also the notifications will vibrate on my 360 but the screen doesn't turn on so I can't see it unless I wake it manually.  Not sure if that is a Message+ issue or a Google issue.  Anyone else experiencing that?

0 Likes
TandHE

I'm going to respectfully argue this along with the rest of the users here. It worked for me as well at one time, but not anymore. It seems toe there is something lacking on Verizons behalf on this one. We all purchased the watch knowing full well there wouldn't be a global support of all possible apps, and I don't think any one individual would or could hope for such a thing. It's tech...enough said. Either way though, when I first got my watch I was still on the galaxy s4 and used Message+ flawlessly as my default messaging app. It worked great with the watch as well. Then boom, it stopped working after an update to Message+. Not an update to my watch. This means it was a Verizon change that is causing the problem. I love Message+, but can't use it because it doesn't cooperate with my watch. Please Verizon, fix this and stop passing the buck.

0 Likes
Bax1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finally it has been fixed in the latest upgrade of Verizon Messages.

0 Likes
bsnguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

But, depending on when you upgraded Message versus the watch OS you may need to uninstall the Message updates and reinstall them. That worked to fix it for me.

0 Likes