Verizon Messages App behind Proxy Server
Rengav

I have the Verizon Messages App on both my Droid X and my Nexus 10 Tablet.  It works fine on both normally.  However, for 5 weeks at a time I work offshore and the WiFi goes through a proxy server with only port 8081 open.  Once I've got the phone and the tablet configured to connect to the WiFi, most apps (gmail, all my browsers, Google Play Store, the ones I really need) work just fine.  I assume they just use the system proxy settings (they use port 8081 without complaint).  Unfortunately, Verizon Messages doesn't.  I can only assume that it does not pick up the proxy settings and continues to use it's normal port, or the proxy server somehow blocks it (I suspect that VM doesn't use the proxy port).  What port does Verizon Messages use?  How can I change it to use/pick up the proxy settings?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Messages App behind Proxy Server
t_winner
Enthusiast - Level 2

X2, HELP I need to get VM+ though a proxy at work, any help would be appreciated. I depend on it more at work as the building does a good job of shielding my cell signal, so I miss many txt messages while there. Please give the program the ability to configure a proxy in its settings.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Messages App behind Proxy Server
rcschnoor
Legend

You can simply use a browser and navigate to My Verizon Online Sign In - Verizon Wireless

0 Likes