Problem installing "My Verizon" update 5 to my Droid X
AFguy
Contributor - Level 2

I noticed an update to the My Verizon app in the market place, so I downloaded it and it says, "Installation error:  Package file was not signed correctly"  and it doesnt install the update.  Are there any other Droid X users having this problem today?  I've powered my phone off and back on and still get the error message.  All the comments under the app are great.  Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
Re: Problem installing "My Verizon" update 5 to my Droid X
klamath-DroidX

My Droid X is doing the same thing and cant find anything about it on the net.

0 Likes
greenjeans

Yes,  I did the upgrade and got the same message. It will not work at all now???

0 Likes
ekadic

Same here. Somebody did not quite do their job? Ah well, I am sure it is a relatively small error. Hopefully resolved quickly.

0 Likes
kevinaj

two days later and still no fix. This looks really bad on you verizon...

0 Likes
midcoast53

You will fix this as soon as you update your phone...   go in settings, about phone, system updates.   After that it should work fine.

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

As of 7/20/10 there has been a software update released that will help resolve this issue. Once you install the update then try to install the new My Verizon 5.0 application. The steps to check and install the update are:

• Menu
  • Settings
  • About Phone
  • System Updates
  • Check For Updates

Once you install this update try to then install the application and it should work perfectly for you. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
williewc

what happens if your phone gets cut off during the update? mine got cut off and the download isnt going anymore, go into check on system updates and it says "an update is currently being downloaded. You will be notified when the download is complete."

but there is nothing downloading, what can i do to resolve it?

0 Likes
droidbabysittin

very sad we are spending our time trying to figure this out.  Including being sooo desperate to listen to ppl that really dont have a clue how to fix problems let alone give directions on how or why to use task manager.  This is pathetic and verizon is happy we all have a forum to discuss as then they dont have to reply.  they have made fools out of us.

0 Likes