HTC music app.
Kazuni
I have an HTC Incredible 2 and I loved the HTC music app. For some reason it disappeared on my phone, and its not available on the market, only the stock android music app. Is there any other way to get back the HTC app without doing a factory reset? I have game saves I dont want to lose.
0 Likes
Re: HTC music app.
AZSALUKI
Legend

go to a blank homescreen and long press it. select "add widget." select htc widgets and find the "music" widget.

0 Likes
Kazuni
I am talking about the app, not the widget. Strange enough the HTC Music widget is still available, but does nothing when I choose it. And the HTC music app is nowhere to be found.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Try removing the widget and add it back because the app can not been removed because access to the files is restricted from users accessing the files..   Also when you go to the launcher do you not see a Music icon?

0 Likes
Kazuni
This has nothing to do with the widget. I never used it and don't plan to, the entire music app is gone. I have No way to listen to music on my phone other than a third party program. I would rather have the original HTC app. I go into the manage programs and check under the all category and its not there.
0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Thanks to the community for your input. Kazuni, if the app is currently not on  your main screen of your phone and not within your manage applications it can not be retrieved.  You can either use the widget or the media connection app. To have the music preloaded app back on your phone a factory reset will need to be performed. Listed below are the steps to perform a factory reset.

Note: Performing a hard reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications. 

1. From a home screen, select the applications tab (located in the lower left).
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select SD & phone storage.
  4. Select Factory data reset.
  5. Select Reset phone.
  6. Select Erase Everything.
  7. Perform Initial Activation/Setup.
0 Likes
woodylaura
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a similar problem.  The app is there but when I touch it I get an error message:

"Sorry!

The application Music (process com.htc.music) has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again.

Force close"

I was going to try to uninstall and re-install the app.  Can I do that or do I also need to do a factory reset?

If I do a factory reset, what and how can I back things up first?  I'm linked to facebook, hotmail and google.  I guess I will just have to set all of that up again?

0 Likes