HELP WITH ERIS DROID> KEEPS TURNING OFF EVERY FEW MIN>
bingis

I've tried everything. If anyone has an answer PLEASE tell me. Unhappy new year so far with this phone.

0 Likes
Re: HELP WITH ERIS DROID> KEEPS TURNING OFF EVERY FEW MIN>
tmg665s

I'm having the same problems. If you get any more ideas, let me know. This is what is going on with mine. It also keeps turning off every couple of minutes beginning last night. Even though my battery was fully charged throughout the day, I figured I would try to plug it in and it still kept turning off and it said that the battery was only at 5%. No idea why. The phone force closes for all of my apps and wont even let me make phone calls. Too bad local Verizon stores are closed in this area. Any Ideas??? 

0 Likes
bingis

I just went to the my "settings" and then to "manage applications" I installed a bunch of apps and my problem fixed itself.

0 Likes
bingis

I meant uninstalled my apps

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

bingis wrote:

I meant uninstalled my apps

just keep track which apps you install because one of those are conflicting with your droid.  i have only 30 apps and have no problems with my droid.  so you can add one app at a time and see which one causes the problem

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

willanaya wrote:
just keep track which apps you install because one of those are conflicting with your droid.  i have only 30 apps and have no problems with my droid.  so you can add one app at a time and see which one causes the problem

I've got 39 apps on my android,but recently unistalled some that i'm not using. Some apps can be defective.

0 Likes
CountryBoy1

Ive been having this problem all day on my Moto Droid.  I went to the VZW store and they said I was the 3rd person to show up and all they could do was reset the phone back to normal.  I also keep getting the same text message over and over and also a VM notification.  The people at the VZW store said theirs is doing the same thing.  It has also killed the battery in a couple hours.  I have no apps running either.  It started last night.

0 Likes
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!
Insightibanez

Mine was having the same problem so I unistalled all my apps. That fixed the problem, no more resetting!!!!

Then I later read that it was the anitvirus application update that was causing this issue.

UNISTALL THE ANTI VIRUS APP< ASAP!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!
zaniess

Insightibanez wrote:

Mine was having the same problem so I unistalled all my apps. That fixed the problem, no more resetting!!!!

Then I later read that it was the anitvirus application update that was causing this issue.

UNISTALL THE ANTI VIRUS APP< ASAP!!!!!!!

Yes... It is the anti virus  app... I downloaded the update on it and that is when it started.. I took it off and the phone is working again with out an issue.. When u install the app make sure u mark that it is defective!

0 Likes
Re: PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!
ibanez737
Contributor - Level 1
Verizon stated that there was an issue with one of the apps not rolling over into 2010 correctly due to it being coded wrong. They didn't tell me what app, but apparently its the AV app. Droid users started experiencing once 2010 hit and they told me to do a master reset or go thru each app one by one. Glad it's the AV app.
0 Likes