Google Maps and Pricing
sw0rdz

I got the Motorola Droid with unlim data/txt msg.  There is a google maps app on there with navigation.  I don't want to use it and get charged some GPS fee.  I hope just using the google map app is free. 

The question is, is it free?  I don't want to get charged with something unexpected.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Google Maps and Pricing
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

Yep. It's free. It's also an amazing GPS app. My Tom-Tom sits somewhere in the basement collecting dust now that I got my Droid. I'm not even entirely sure where it is. :smileyhappy: I travel a LOT for work and this app gets me where I need to go with very little drama.

Enjoy it and welcome to the Droid.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

Yep. It's free. It's also an amazing GPS app. My Tom-Tom sits somewhere in the basement collecting dust now that I got my Droid. I'm not even entirely sure where it is. :smileyhappy: I travel a LOT for work and this app gets me where I need to go with very little drama.

Enjoy it and welcome to the Droid.

0 Likes
sw0rdz

Are you serious?!?  With GPS, the apps, its my mp3 player and the price of 200 with 2y contract.  I'm saving money.  Vs buying a GPS and paying for the service, buying an ipod.  I think the Droid is better then the iphone!

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

I do wish I could adjust the route a little more.  It doesn't always give me the best route.  I am not sure if it is using the shortest, fastest (in theory), one adjusted for traffic, or the most fuel efficient.  I can't get in to change it or set it so if I am going somewhere I have no idea where it is I just have to trust that it isn't taking me around the world to get across the street.  Or down a low speed limit route with speed traps as opposed to the interstate.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Also I would like a better local search associated with it.  You have to be a little too specific.  However, it links well with most of my local search apps so no worries. 

0 Likes