Droid Difficulty
kneffscribe

Dear Droid Users,

I am finding that the Droid is amazing on email, great with navigation, but puzzling for simple phone functions, which surprised me.  My only conclusion is that there must be secrets I do not know; if not, I am going to be very disappointed with this phone.

1) Ez phone call ending - I could end anything on my Voyager with a press on the bottom right hand corner...ez.  Where is the ez end call on the Droid?

2) One button push on my Voyager brought up a new text message...or a contact name to call.  Click, click, done.  Please direct me to the click, click, done for my Droid -- text message, or phone call.  One touch and I get...email addresses or FB friends.

3) After using the backup system on verizonwireless.net, I am pleased that my same voice message is there.  And, as I said, the email is amazing.  But, my all the phone numbers in my list that are not on Google come up as numbers only.  I don't recognize who is calling me because there are no names attached!  Problem.

4) Finally, it is not clear to me how the minutes on my phone are affected by Pandora or Navigation and what might be the preferred plan to get through the month with enough minutes.

Thanks for your help,

New Droid Ditz

P.S.

And what about that microscopic button to lock or unlock...too small!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Difficulty
lalalamesss
Contributor - Level 1

kneffscribe wrote:

Dear Droid Users,

I am finding that the Droid is amazing on email, great with navigation, but puzzling for simple phone functions, which surprised me.  My only conclusion is that there must be secrets I do not know; if not, I am going to be very disappointed with this phone.

1) Ez phone call ending - I could end anything on my Voyager with a press on the bottom right hand corner...ez.  Where is the ez end call on the Droid?

Droid doesn't have a send/end key like the Eris... it has a giant red square in the middle of the phone that says "END" when you're in a call. Also, don't forget, it's slide to call!

2) One button push on my Voyager brought up a new text message...or a contact name to call.  Click, click, done.  Please direct me to the click, click, done for my Droid -- text message, or phone call.  One touch and I get...email addresses or FB friends.

WHAT? You have a notification bar at the very top where the battery indicator is. Press it, and slide your finger down. If you have any missed calls, VM, text messages... BAM, they're displayed right there. Also you can long press on the home screen to add or remove any apps you don't want.

3) After using the backup system on verizonwireless.net, I am pleased that my same voice message is there.  And, as I said, the email is amazing.  But, my all the phone numbers in my list that are not on Google come up as numbers only.  I don't recognize who is calling me because there are no names attached!  Problem.

Go into a store and have them transfer them... Problem... solved! Usually it's free.

4) Finally, it is not clear to me how the minutes on my phone are affected by Pandora or Navigation and what might be the preferred plan to get through the month with enough minutes.

No minutes are affected. You have unlimited data, therefore, you cannot possibly have overages. Verizon does not bill data by the minute. Is is a completely separate thing now. So, listen to Pandora all you want!

Thanks for your help,

New Droid Ditz

P.S.

I feel you... It's a pain, even with my tiny fingers. :smileyhappy:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lalalamesss
Contributor - Level 1

kneffscribe wrote:

Dear Droid Users,

Droid doesn't have a send/end key like the Eris... it has a giant red square in the middle of the phone that says "END" when you're in a call. Also, don't forget, it's slide to call!

WHAT? You have a notification bar at the very top where the battery indicator is. Press it, and slide your finger down. If you have any missed calls, VM, text messages... BAM, they're displayed right there. Also you can long press on the home screen to add or remove any apps you don't want.

Go into a store and have them transfer them... Problem... solved! Usually it's free.

No minutes are affected. You have unlimited data, therefore, you cannot possibly have overages. Verizon does not bill data by the minute. Is is a completely separate thing now. So, listen to Pandora all you want!

Thanks for your help,

New Droid Ditz

P.S.

I feel you... It's a pain, even with my tiny fingers. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
kneffscribe

Thank you! 

0 Likes
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon agent will message you shortly.
0 Likes