Apps that cannot be turned off?
Willyoman

Music, Skype, amazon mp3,social networking...etc, not staying turned off even after force close and app killer they restart and just ruin the memory on the phone. They also cannot be deleted because they came with the phone. I do not even use these apps.  anybody with info on this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Apps that cannot be turned off?
budone
Legend

With 2.1 task killers worked differently. 2.2 works  differently with the apps and basically makes task killers useless, (IMHO) as they just keep running. I have never had a task killer on my phone. I used to reboot once a day to keep the low memory issue at bay and it did.

I suggest killing ATK, charge your battery, reboot and see what your Uptime and Awake time are before you get ready to charge the phone again.

What are your Uptime and awake times right now?  MENU>SETTINGS>ABOUT PHONE>BATTERY.... it is listed there in case you were unaware.

Task killer is only ONE thing you can do to improve battery life, but start there. Presently I am at 6:30 hours of uptime and 80% battery. Only 35 minutes of awake time but that will change when the ball games kick in at 1pm.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

There is a TON of info on here. Short story, those apps are NOT using any resources or memory. So don't obsess over them. The device is set up to run this way. Only way they will use resources is if you click on them to RUN.

Here is a WAY over simplified explanation. On my PC I have all email contacts stored in Outlook, AND Yahoo, and Google.With a Linux based OS, (Which this is) for example a program may need email addresses. So instead of each storing the info, one program will look to another for the process it needs to continue. Just because you see the app on a list as running, does not mean it is doing anything more than providing the info another app needs.

So delete the Task Killer. All that does is kill your battery by constantly running to kill off apps that will come right back. It is a viscous battery killing circle.

0 Likes
Willyoman

This is not the first time someone has told me to ditch the task killer and I have had it on the phone since I got it.  My first Droid 2 phone crashed because of a low memory problem and could not start up because of a short memory issue. So you think deleting Advanced Task Killer is a good idea? I would love more battery!

0 Likes
budone
Legend

With 2.1 task killers worked differently. 2.2 works  differently with the apps and basically makes task killers useless, (IMHO) as they just keep running. I have never had a task killer on my phone. I used to reboot once a day to keep the low memory issue at bay and it did.

I suggest killing ATK, charge your battery, reboot and see what your Uptime and Awake time are before you get ready to charge the phone again.

What are your Uptime and awake times right now?  MENU>SETTINGS>ABOUT PHONE>BATTERY.... it is listed there in case you were unaware.

Task killer is only ONE thing you can do to improve battery life, but start there. Presently I am at 6:30 hours of uptime and 80% battery. Only 35 minutes of awake time but that will change when the ball games kick in at 1pm.

0 Likes