cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Why is my upload speed double my download speed?

PAPERHARBORCO
Miembro

Just got the cantenna and router/modem installed today.  In the first hour I had 11/11 (down/up mbps)  After that the download speed dropped to about half , but the upload is almost double the down.  Any help?  I need 10mbps for work, which  I had for a total of an hour. Smiley Sad

This is a wired connection to the router, wired to cantenna. 

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (3)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Why is my upload speed double my download speed?

John_Getzke
Leader

Restart your VZW devices.  Performance problems like the one you mentioned could be temporary.  A reboot of the systems should resolve anything that is easily fixable.  This will force them to reconnect to the towers they are aiming towards and reestablish a good connection if one is available.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

John_Getzke
Leader

Restart your VZW devices.  Performance problems like the one you mentioned could be temporary.  A reboot of the systems should resolve anything that is easily fixable.  This will force them to reconnect to the towers they are aiming towards and reestablish a good connection if one is available.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

PAPERHARBORCO
Miembro

I restarted the modem, and that helped quite a bit.  It's much faster.

If this happens again should I also restart the cantenna?  I'm not sure how to do that though.

And Thank You!

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

John_Getzke
Leader

>If this happens again should I also restart the cantenna?

Its up to you but its likely the modem device will have more of an impact than the cantenna itself.  I would not physically adjust or move the cantenna at all.  This should have been carefully adjusted by a tech when they setup the service for you.  All you would want to do is remove the power to anything for a few moments and then plug it back in.  I cannot recall if the cantenna itself has any kind of a power connection or not.

0 Me gusta