cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Connecting Multiple Computers to VPN via 890L Hotspot

willydj1
Miembro

My coworkers and I are connecting our laptops to a Verizon 890L mobile hotspot. We use a VPN connection to access our company's network. All of us are able to connect to the hotspot. However, only one person can have a VPN connection at a time. If another user connects to the VPN, it will disconnect the VPN of any other user that is connected via the same hotspot. All computers stay connected to the hotspot however.

Does anyone know of any solutions to this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Connecting Multiple Computers to VPN via 890L Hotspot

John_Getzke
Leader

That's interesting, no I haven't heard of an issue like that before.

I would try contacting the VPN administrator to see if they have any alternative connection techniques that you could try.  For example connecting via IPsec or SSL to the VPN server.  Sometimes little tweaks like this will let you work around configuration or hardware limitations of a particular internet connection.

If the VPN admin cannot assist you then open a call to VZW and report back to us what they have to say about the matter.  I'd be interested to hear any limitations in this area.  For what its worth I support a large fleet of MiFis where many users have multiple devices VPN connected at any given point in time.  To my knowledge we have never encountered such a limitation as the one you mentioned here.

View solution in original post

Re: Connecting Multiple Computers to VPN via 890L Hotspot

John_Getzke
Leader

That's interesting, no I haven't heard of an issue like that before.

I would try contacting the VPN administrator to see if they have any alternative connection techniques that you could try.  For example connecting via IPsec or SSL to the VPN server.  Sometimes little tweaks like this will let you work around configuration or hardware limitations of a particular internet connection.

If the VPN admin cannot assist you then open a call to VZW and report back to us what they have to say about the matter.  I'd be interested to hear any limitations in this area.  For what its worth I support a large fleet of MiFis where many users have multiple devices VPN connected at any given point in time.  To my knowledge we have never encountered such a limitation as the one you mentioned here.

View solution in original post