cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

many people question young children having phones. are there any devices, which are just touch, for kids, sort of like a direct walkie-talkie, between parent and children?

exploring
Miembro

many people question young children having phones. are there any devices, which are just touch, for kids, sort of like a direct walkie-talkie, between parent and children?

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: many people question young children having phones. are there any devices, which are just touch, for kids, sort of like a direct walkie-talkie, between parent and children?

Weth
Líder Sénior

Kid only phones were tried in the marketplace and they did not go over well. You should make your own decisions on what is needed for your children. Most people's advice on what to do or not do for your kids have no idea what they are talking about. Lifestyles and schedules are different for different families. Certainly kids pick things up fast, so being simple is more for the parent than the child. Most phones, including basic phones, can be set up to be restricted calling to only certain numbers. There are Verizon tools such as Family Base to restrict texting and data use. A phone like the LG Extravert is touchscreen, but is not a full smartphone.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: many people question young children having phones. are there any devices, which are just touch, for kids, sort of like a direct walkie-talkie, between parent and children?

Weth
Líder Sénior

Kid only phones were tried in the marketplace and they did not go over well. You should make your own decisions on what is needed for your children. Most people's advice on what to do or not do for your kids have no idea what they are talking about. Lifestyles and schedules are different for different families. Certainly kids pick things up fast, so being simple is more for the parent than the child. Most phones, including basic phones, can be set up to be restricted calling to only certain numbers. There are Verizon tools such as Family Base to restrict texting and data use. A phone like the LG Extravert is touchscreen, but is not a full smartphone.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

elliew

Check out the LG Gizmopal - designed for kids GizmoPal by LG | Verizon Wireless

Highlighted

exploring
Miembro

what I am thinking is, something like a simple medical alert device which connects directly to parents phone, being able to talk to each other.

0 Me gusta

Weth
Líder Sénior

LIke this?

https://www.amberalertgps.com/

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

exploring
Miembro

thanks for the site weth, pretty cool. my wonder was if Verizon  was looking into this sort of devise to be purchased from them, as part of a plan.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

elliew

It seems my post regarding the Verizon Gizmopal is invisible. This is a device designed for kids, with direct contact to parent. It is only $5 per month on the MoreEverything plan

Highlighted

Snn5
Líder Sénior

I see your post 5 replies up.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

exploring
Miembro

thanks. I wonder if this works with an older lg flipphone, or if I have to update to an iPhone. kind of expensive to start with,  if you have a couple kids.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Weth
Líder Sénior

Reading the requirements, it looks like you need a smartphone - either android or iPhone.

Here is a review of it by PC Magazine

LG GizmoPal (Verizon Wireless) Review & Rating | PCMag.com

0 Me gusta