cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Verizon Samsung 4G LTE Extender 2 no longer operational - VZW Issue

VzUnreliable
Miembro

I have a 4G LTE Extender 2 that has been working for the past 6 months with no issues. Recently (after upgrading my phone), the extender has stopped working. Simple troubleshooting points to it being an issue on VZW's end, however getting through to support and working with Tier-1 has proven  to be very stressful / useless.

The extender can get outside my network as I see it connect to location services and even Verizon VPN. It authenticates with the Serving network, but then fails at step 11a-e when it try's to connect to the Serving Management Server.

Furthermore, I no longer see my extender on my account, however this may just  be Verizon's new account management style as one of the reps said they re-added it to my account, but still the issue remains.

At this point, we have been without cell service for 20+ days, but yet VZW has no issues sending us the bill each month. What do I have to do to get some help with this issue? I'd love for my extender to get back on VZW's network and a refund for the missed time...

ANY help would be very appreciated as I am loosing money every day this doesn't work. Some things I have tried myself and with Tier-1 support.

- Rebooted extender

- Reset extender to factory settings

- rebooted entire network

Things I can verify:

- Extender is getting DHCP properly and is contacting external sites (including VZW) without issue. VZW Serving Mgt Server is not giving me the reply I need to continue to step 12.

- I have ~12 active Satellites

- If I connect the device to a completely separate network, I get stopped on the exact same step (11a-e == Connecting to Serving mgt Server)

- I see other forum posts with the same issue, but never a resolution

Please help...

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Verizon Samsung 4G LTE Extender 2 no longer operational - VZW Issue

VzUnreliable
Miembro

Update -

VZW created a ticket for the network team (After ~5 hours of having me reboot over and over). Network team fixed it in less than 5 minutes. Not sure what was done (didn't ask), but glad it's working again.

If you have the same issue, jump through hoops with customer service until a ticket to the network team is opened.

Highlighted

VzUnreliable
Miembro

Update -

VZW created a ticket for the network team (After ~5 hours of having me reboot over and over). Network team fixed it in less than 5 minutes. Not sure what was done (didn't ask), but glad it's working again.

If you have the same issue, jump through hoops with customer service until a ticket to the network team is opened.

wchieppa
Miembro

same issue. worked for about 3 weeks now it is stuck in 1b of 14. nothing has changed in my home. I'm sure whatever is wrong is  with Verizon. When I get afree hour I will call. It took 2 years for someone to help get us the extender. before the extender, we had to move to an upstairs southern exposed window to talk on the phone. I'm in NJ where there's a tower every qtr mile.The extender says it has 9 satelites to connect to.

I have tried all the recommended troubleshooting techniques. What a waste of time! My internet speed is greater than 200. ISP is fine. If I get a positive fix I will post. For $200/month I have to keep my cable phone for emergencies. What a scam Verizon. Shame on you.

LukeTeyssier
Miembro

Having similar problems with Range Exender. Wifi calling on iPhone 6 works ok.

0 Me gusta

LukeTeyssier
Miembro

However, I'm getting lots of dropped calls. Is there a firmware update or something?

0 Me gusta

SCOWAR62
Miembro

I was directing the below/above question to wchieppa - This forum works awkwardly, at least to me.......

You meant "11b of 14," not "1b of 14" right?  If so I had/have the same problem.  So far they're fix has been to have me send back the unit, as the customer support rep I was talking to was thinking it was a bad unit.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

LukeTeyssier,

Having a problem with your Network Extender and experiencing dropped calls is not what we want for you. I'm confident we can get to the bottom of this so you can get the most out of your Verizon service like you're supposed to.

I'd like to gather more details regarding your exact issue at hand. How often are the dropped calls occurring? To make sure I'm on the same page, are your dropped calls happening only when connected to the Extender, or elsewhere too? Using this link as a reference (http://spr.ly/6609Eef7W), what does your Network Extender say on the front screen of the unit (In Service, No Service, etc.)?

RyanC_VZW

0 Me gusta