cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

LG GizmoGadget Battery Depletion Issue

TREASURESHELL
Miembro

Has anyone experienced battery depletion issue on their GizmoGadget?

Just received the watch last night, no problems setting up the watch and pair it with Gizmo Hub.  Photo below shows the battery was fully charged at 7:51 AM, 2 - 3 location updates, then at 11:18 am, battery is completely dead.  I then received a subsequent notification that Gadget is shut-off completely. 

The watch stayed inside my son's backpack the whole time between 7:51am - 11:18am, he does not know how to navigate through the watch just yet.  There were 3-4 bars of solid LTE reception at his daycare location this morning.

What do I need to do to extend the standby so it'll at least last 1-2 days?  3 hours per day is unacceptable!

Current settings on watch:

quite mode: on

auto-answer calls: off

touch sound: off

volume: 0

fund sounds: no fun sounds

Steps: No goal set

To-Do List: No to-do list set

image1.png

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (2)
0 Me gusta

Re: LG GizmoGadget Battery Depletion Issue

ANNHAC51
Miembro

I am having the same issue!  My daughter took it to school today.  It was fully charged at 6:30 am.  At 8:30 am I got a notice that it would be shut off soon.  Did you hear back from anyone?

0 Me gusta

TREASURESHELL
Miembro

hi Anna,

Yes, I didn't hear back from VZW and this is what I did to fix the battery depletion issue:

1) while the watch arrive in box as fully charged, allow for it to completely discharge to 0%2) charge the watch once again to 100% using the cable/adapter provided.3) adjust the brightness setting to minimum on the watch, when I first checked, the brightness setting was at set at brightest level which is unnecessary.  You can still see the screen pretty well even at its lowest setting.4) turn-off all activity trackers on the watch or through GizmoHub

After doing all of the above, my son's watch can now last 3 days with 4-5 location updates on daily basis and a few phone calls. Hope this helps!

SLC2
Miembro

Bought Gismo today. Set it up at the store. Brought it home and WRAPPED it! It was at 70%, by 7:30 I get a notice it's at 20%.

Now I m worried about giving it to my child for her bday tomorrow if the darn thing isn't going to work and I have to take it back.

Trying to decide what to do.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

SlC2,

Happy Birthday to your daughter! This is always an exciting time. I know how important it is to ensure your child has a device that has a reliable battery. The good news is that you are able to return the watch within the first 14 days for the exact same model that she currently has. What time did you wrap it up? Has the battery since improved now that it has been a couple of days? How long is it lasting? 

JenniferL_VZW

0 Me gusta