cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

HUM device draining battery

Miembro

I think my HUM device is draining my car battery. Anyone else experiencing this?

Labels (1)
Highlighted

Re: HUM device draining battery

Miembro

Yes my car battery has been drained 3 times. Took it to the shop can find nothing wrong with battery alternator and or belts. Took the Hum out today will see what happens. Nothing else was add to my SUV then the HUM. Also read it causes problem with the transmission in Fords and nissan.

Highlighted

Miembro

I just got it yesterday.  I got in my car this morning to head to work and it was completely dead!  Checked my email for a diagnostic report and not even 4hrs after it was put in my car my battery was "critical."   This device is getting returned today.

Highlighted

Miembro

There is something weird about This hum I put it in my safe after taking it out of my SUV. Battery in SUV continued to go dead. While at the shop my phone was telling me where my SUV was. Now Verizon said it can do that. Well it was. Asked about Hum downloading info into SUV computer oh no it doesn't do that. Reset computer in car and no more dead battery. I have a 2004 ford explorer so don't go by Verizon's it will work in most car built after 1996. Funny had no problem returning it and got back $20.00 for 2 month that I had it and to no cost for ending contract early. Also handed me back the hum and told me to do what I wanted with it

Highlighted

Miembro

I'm having the exact same issue.. I have to use a battery tender if I don't drive my truck on a daily basis. It didn't use to do that. It started about a month ago.ill be calling him tomorrow.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

My problem with the HUM is exactly the same. I have a 2008 Honda FIT. After the HUm was put in I started haviung problems with my cars battery and all ekectrical systems. Got a new battery. That one went dead. Took the car in fr repair and diagnostic. Culdnt find anything. Got another battery. Oh, the HUM was removed with the first problem but it keeps reporting.  reported it to Verizon they agreed to reimburseme for my car prblems if a mechanic would verify the HUM ids the problem. Of course they couldnt. My electrical sysytem is on the blink again. The battery is dead! Thanks for your post.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Yes, I have the same experience.   I have a 2017 Mercedes Benz. My car battery died. Had to call AAA to jumpstart my car. Went to the dealer. Dealer said the device kept system awake causing battery drain.  They removed it.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I didn't have any issues with my 1-month old  Hum device or SUV until I was in the Sierra mountains in California near Yosemite (2 weeks ago) where  I did not have a GPS or cell phone signal. My Tahoe remained parked upon arriving Friday evening, but by noon the next day, I heard a beeping which I thought was just one of my laptops (turned out to be the Hum device). It was that same time my remote key lock stopped working due to the weakening battery, but I didn't associate the two until later. That evening, my Tahoe battery was dead & the beeping had also stopped. A friend jump-started my Tahoe & it started up just fine. I think the Hum was active the entire time trying to find an internet/GPS signal & it drained my battery.

I unplugged the device for the next few days until I arrived back home where there was a GPS signal. It took several hours for the device to "connect" back to my Tahoe, but I've not had any battery issues since.

Highlighted

Miembro

I bought the original Hum device a couple of years ago and used it my 2014 Infinity Q60.  I had absolutely no issues with it.  It worked okay for over a year.  Then I decided to install it in my old "vintage" 2002 PT Cruiser Limited, which has a relatively new battery in it.  Almost immediately I began to get low car battery messages from the Hum. After a month of this, and barely being able to start the car, I removed the Hum, and now I no longer have any battery issues.  I am doubtful Verizon will do much for me but plan to go in soon and see if they can reimburse me for the unit or give me a new one to try.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I regret I purchased it! I replaced new batteries twice and paid to have my HVAC modules/system replaced ($726.00) before I found out that it was the Hum, draining my battery! Check out Verizon Community for several complaints... I swish I had saw that sooner!!!

0 Likes