cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

HUM Promotion - Week of May 23, 2017- Verizon Store - Chandler, AZ on Chandler Heights Blvd

Miembro

In May of this year, I visited a Verizon store to get a new phone.  I was told my the customer service representative at the store there was a promotion going on for that one week, that every customer who bought a new phone could also receive a HUM device and there would be ABSOLUTELY NO CHARGE EVER to my account for said device.  I said I didn't want it, wouldn't use it.  Since buying a new phone these days is akin to buying a used car, the conversation continued with the CS asking me why I wouldn't want something that "was absolutely free" due to the promotion.  No equipment charge, no monthly charge etc,. as Verizon wanted to get these devices out to the public to get people to use them.  I said I wasn't interested.  He was very persistent and after another 1/2 hour of haranging me about taking this free service/free equipment I finally gave in and said fine, if it's absolutely free I'll take the HUM.  The first month on my new billing I noticed a charge for the HUM.  Immediately called Verizon and relayed my conversation with Jonathan at the Verizon store.  The representative said she would "cancel the contract" and credit the $10 montly charge, but that I would have to call back the following month and ask for another credit because there would be a fee for the termination of the contract.  Remember this is the contract for the ABSOLUTELY NO CHARGE FREE FREE FREE HUM promotion!  I asked her if she noted all of this on my account, to which she responded "yes, it's all in your notes there will be no problems."  This month I received my bill and there was a charge of $115 for the termination fee of the ABSOLUTELY NO CHARGE FREE FREE HUM promotion, so I called Verizon and was astounded to hear there were no notes regarding the HUM on my account, no notes regarding me calling back for the credit, and they could do nothing for me since I didn't return the equipment within 14 days.  No one told me the previous month when I called that I had to return the equipment (that I didn't want in the first place)! 

I then contacted the CS repersentative at the store and was told, "I'm talking to my Verizon account manager through email to get some answers", that was a week ago, and I have messaged him twice since then and received no response. 

Verizon also did an auto survey and I told them how dissastisfied I was with the CS representative I had spoke to which led to yet another call from a live individual at Verizon.  I recounted the entire story to him, and though he felt sorry for me indicated there was nothing he could do.

Has anyone else encountered this issue with Verizon regarding the  ABSOLUTELY NO CHARGE FREE  HUM? 

I am at my wits end and do not know how to get this $115 charge credit from my account.

Labels (1)
Pestañas (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: HUM Promotion - Week of May 23, 2017- Verizon Store - Chandler, AZ on Chandler Heights Blvd

Expert

The cost of the device was "free" in exchange for a two year contract service agreement. The contract would have required you to pay the line access fee for 24 months or you would be charged an Early Termination Fee. The ETF is valid.

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

Return Policy & Early Termination Fee | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: HUM Promotion - Week of May 23, 2017- Verizon Store - Chandler, AZ on Chandler Heights Blvd

Miembro

That is not how it was represented by the customer service representative at the Verizon store. I was told there was a one week promotion and I would never be charged anything, no monthly fee, no equipment fee and no contract. So basically Verizon committed fraud?

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

I contend the customer service representative was ill trained.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I agree, but do not think I should be responsible for his lack of training.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

Sometimes research and understanding the deal to educate yourself can save you in the long term.

Current pricing. $29.99 contract or $120.00 retail. hum+ | Roadside Assistance | Verizon Wireless

Newer model. $6.25 per month for 24 month device payment agreement or $99.99 contract or $150.00 retail. humx | Car Wi-Fi Hotspot & Assistance | Verizon Wireless

Both have a $175 Early Termination Fee with the contract option.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Same thing happened to me!! But they took advantage of my young inexperienced son! Told him the exact same thing...it was a week only promotion and no charges what so ever PLUS the guy threw in how this would be a great device for me his Mom to keep me safe!!!

I went through the same bull with customer service. My resolution was to suspend service on the Hum line so I would not be charged. Well now I find out the no charge is for only 90 days and that time gets added on to contract date! So I've been paying for something I never wanted and never use. I have another year on contract.

As far as the wise reply to you about researching before agreeing ... makes my blood boil! These people...salesmen and customer service are supposed to be the resource!! I don't trust anything they say anymore. I also think it's a fraudulent company!! We should spread the word for sure...I'm thinking of using social media to get the word out. Good luck to you!

Highlighted

Miembro

Hey Patty...I replied to your post I thought but looks like my reply went under another persons reply to you. Not sure how this all works and how you get notified of a response. So I'm just letting you know...

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I was able to get my situation cleared up by sending an email to a VP at

Verizon! I was so frustrated with the store, and the CS rep I finally went

to corporated. Here's the website:

http://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/executive-bios/kenneth-dixon

They called me not 1/2 hour after I sent the email and a very very nice

representative told me she had already credited my account *(which she had)

and told me they were going to conduct additional training for the CS staff

I spoke to on the phone and the CS staff at the store.

Social marketing is a powerful tool, because I had also found the website

for the store that scammed me and gave them a 1 star rating, and the title

of my rant was Liars, Liars, Liars!!! I put my whole story in there and

the same afternoon the VP called from Verizon called the district manager

called for the store I bought my phone from, and her exact words were "I

just have no words, I am so sorry for what happened to you." She was

really nice. So give the store a 1 star rating and put your story out

there. It's worth it, and I have to say Verizon was very very

professional, very apologetic and couldn't do enough to help me out!

¡Buena suerte!

Highlighted

Miembro

Sorry to disagree. While in the store, one relies upon representations of authorized CSRs, who explain and interpret those very documents. Just as we reply upon attorneys to interpret law for us and accountants to interpret GAAP for us, we rely upon presumptively trained VZW CSRs to explain what we need to know to make informed decisions. Further, we depend upon that trademark VZW logo to represent honesty and integrity during the sales process. Please don't argue - it just wouldn't be productive.