cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

GizmoHub app will not link to new GizmoWatch

cmduff
Miembro

I've seen some discussion from more than a year ago but none of the solutions appear to be relevant to me. We had a GizmoGadget that would not pair to the GizmoHub app on my Samsung Galaxy Note8, but because of 3G deprication they sent us a new 4G GizmoWatch. Awesome. Problem is, it will not link up to the app either. I tried it on my wife's Samsung Galaxy Note9, same problem, it will not link. I have spent more than 5 hours on the phone and in chats with Verizon support. I got escalated to a teir 2 recently who couldn't figure it out and wants me to send the brand new GizmoWatch back to get another one. I have serious doubts that this will resolve the problem. 2 watches that won't link to the app and a 3rd one is going to fix it? I am highly skeptical.

Here are the steps to reproduce:

1) Turn GizmoWatch on and make sure fully charged.

2) When the GizmoWatch activates, the QR code will appear.

3) Start the GizmoHub app on the phone, sign in, and click "Add Gizmo."

4) Scan the QR code with the GizmoHub app when prompted.

5) Observe immediate "Unable to Link to Your Gizmo" message.

We've tried the following:

=> Uninstalling and reinstalling the app

=> Clearing the data and cache for the app

=> Factory resetting the phone 20 or so times

=> Removing the child and readding the child from the app.

=> Signed up for the beta program in Google Play and downloading beta version.

=> They even tried removing the phone number and adding a different line to our account.

=> Tried with Wifi on and off.

=> Checked to make sure date and time were set to automatic.

The only thing they can't do is purge our GizmoHub account, which I think would fix the problem. They can't do it for security reasons. This hasn't worked for about 8 months. We would like to use it for my 4 year old but we are sad faced.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem and had any luck with Verizon support?

0 Me gusta

Re: GizmoHub app will not link to new GizmoWatch

cmduff
Miembro

Still a problem. No response.

0 Me gusta

Re: GizmoHub app will not link to new GizmoWatch

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing the information with us, and I can assure you that we are working on this issue for you. I would highly recommend sending the device back to us. We want to continue to work on this for you.

EvelynR_VZW

0 Me gusta