cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Gear S3 Frontier stops connecting remotely?

MrMediaGuy
Miembro

So I've had my Gear S3 since the launch date. It worked great for the first couple of weeks, and then one day I noticed it was no longer displaying "Connected Remotely" when I was away from my phone; it would just go into Standalone mode. I found a number a few threads on this problem on various sites (not unique to the Verizon LTE version) with some suggestions (reboot the phone, reboot the watch, power cycle WiFi or Bluetooth or mobile networks, etc.) but none seemed to work.

The only remedy everyone seems to agree on is to factory reset the watch and set it up again -- and that does seem to work. It's just a huge hassle because even though apps restore automatically, you still have to set up Samsung Pay again which is very time consuming with four or five cards. Unfortunately I can count on the "fix" only lasting for a week or two and then I have to reset again.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem, and if so have you found a fix other than a factory reset and re-pairing? If this isn't a widespread problem I'd like to know so that I can return mine for warranty service, because clearly it's not working as designed. ¡Gracias!

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Gear S3 Frontier stops connecting remotely?

JOHMEL99
Miembro

I am having the same problem.  The Gear S3 will not connect remotely when on WiFi or LTE. Factory resetting the watch is the only "solution", the bug resurfaces after just a few days.  It is really annoying and makes the watch's LTE feature essentially useless

0 Me gusta

WILKOC67
Miembro

Same problem

0 Me gusta

SORKA95032
Miembro

Same problem here too. Eventually comes back after a reset. This has been an issue ever since I got the watch 2.5 years ago. I'm done with Samsung Gear watches.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

It's frustrating to have connection issues with your Gear 3 Frontier Watch, SORKA95032. Also, to go 2 and 1/2 years with the same issues is a long time, and we would not want this to be a continued experience for you. Let me find out what is going on and get you connected. Did you report these issues to us during the course of 2 1/2 years when you had these problems? If so, what troubleshooting steps did we go over with you? What is your city and zip code? What error messages are you getting when you tried to connect?

EdwinW_VZW

0 Me gusta