cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Galaxy Watch LTE w/ numbershare; No SMS history

Miembro

Greetings,

I just purchased a Galaxy Watch and added numbershare to my account. The watch is working great so far, I can make and receive text messages from my phone and they show up as the correct number.

My issue is that when viewing the Messages app on the watch, it says "No messages". The only messages I can get to show in the messages app on the watch are messages that I explicitly started on the watch. If I reply to a message that I received, or if I accidentally dismiss a notification, for an SMS, I cannot go into the messages app on the watch to view any previously received messages.  Is this the expected behavior? I don't expect the watch to sync my thousands of messages, but I would think that it would at least show me a history of the Last X messages received, or show me messages that I replied to from the watch.

- I have no issues receiving notifications for new SMS messages or sending/replying to texts from the watch
- I have verified Remote Connection is enabled
- I have verified the Gear App and plugins have the permissions they requested
- I've also tried via Bluetooth
- If I reply to a message from my watch, I do see the reply appear as a sent message on my phone

Just wondering if I am missing something, or if this is a limitation of the numbershare functionality.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Galaxy Watch LTE w/ numbershare; No SMS history

Miembro

After consulting with the Reddit gurus, it appears that you can only view SMS history if you pair the watch to a Samsung phone & use the Samsung Messages app.  A bit of a bummer, but definitely not a deal breaker. I still receive the message notifications ; I just can't go back and view the history of messages.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

- I am using the stock Android messages app on my Pixel 3XL

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

VelcroWarrior, we definitely want you to be able to see your incoming texts on your watch. Let's figure this out. What happens if you use a different text app on your Pixel 3XL such as Verizon Message + app? Have you been able to completely turn the watch off for a few minutes & turn it back on to see if that helps? Does this happen when any number that texts you? AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

After consulting with the Reddit gurus, it appears that you can only view SMS history if you pair the watch to a Samsung phone & use the Samsung Messages app.  A bit of a bummer, but definitely not a deal breaker. I still receive the message notifications ; I just can't go back and view the history of messages.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We are glad to see you were able to get an answer to your messaging concerns, VelcroWarrior. It is always best to use the same manufacturer brand for both smartphones and smart watches. Please let us know if you have additional questions!

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes