cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Droid Maxx touchscreen not responding when placed in Otterbox case, help?

mtmurals
Miembro

I recently dropped and broke my Droid Maxx, & had to get a replacement phone. My new Maxx seams to act fine, responding to touchscreens, etc That is until I placed it in a new Otterbox case. When in the case the outer perimeter of the screen is impossible to use, i.e. the notification bar. Also where ever your finger touches the screen while scrolling an app will open. Not sure if all this can be corrected by adjusting some setting, or if this is caused by an update, or I just got a bad replacement phone. Please help, getting very frustrated.

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Droid Maxx touchscreen not responding when placed in Otterbox case, help?

Snn5
Líder Sénior

The built-in screen protector...it must be removed.  The lint and dust it trapped between it and the screen plus the near impossible ability to scroll properly was too much for me on my last couple phones.  Without the protector over the screen it isn't as taught, but the screen works and looks better.  I took a business card and folded it over and put a piece of it under the phone to bring back the front covers rigidity.  The protector just pops off since it is only thinly glued.  The plastic tabs/hooks will break the 3rd time you remove the plastic shell.  Does not void warranty to remove protector, as I have had to send in pictures for warranty claims when the rubber gets stretched out and floppy.  3rd Defender for same phone in a year.  But, I love it despite that.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager
mtmurals,

We don't want to see you having issues with your device. Do all of the functions described work outside of the Otterbox? Have you tried a different model case? How did you have your broken device replaced?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Me gusta

mtmurals
Miembro

I received my replacement phone from Assurion. I placed it in my old Otterbox, & I noticed it being difficult to use. I took it out of the Otterbox thinking the case must have damaged in some way. Went to Verizon store & bought new Otterbox case, same thing happening. I have been able to pull down my notifications bar 1 time with the case on, can pull down no problem when I remove case. Scrolling through Facebook, or side to side on home screens, or any where else is frustrating because where ever my finger touches, that opens. Both with the case on & off.  I couldn't take a picture with the case on , until I discovered that I have to swipe sideways (don't like). Trying to scroll, & have random apps, contacts, photos, whatever open & it not scrolling or it speed scrolls through large amounts is beyond frustrating. I have tried changing my settings etc. it's a tiny bit better, but not much. Very, very annoying. I am a clumsy artist that needs the Otterbox. My old old phone I fully submerged it in a 5 gallon bucket of paint & dropped it not once but TWICE off three tiers of scaffolding(about 20' drop) straight onto bare concrete slab. It was fine every time. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated, Thanks for contacting me.

Brittany

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Me gusta

Chismes
Líder Sénior

It's that plastic thing on top. It is terrible.

Snn5
Líder Sénior

The built-in screen protector...it must be removed.  The lint and dust it trapped between it and the screen plus the near impossible ability to scroll properly was too much for me on my last couple phones.  Without the protector over the screen it isn't as taught, but the screen works and looks better.  I took a business card and folded it over and put a piece of it under the phone to bring back the front covers rigidity.  The protector just pops off since it is only thinly glued.  The plastic tabs/hooks will break the 3rd time you remove the plastic shell.  Does not void warranty to remove protector, as I have had to send in pictures for warranty claims when the rubber gets stretched out and floppy.  3rd Defender for same phone in a year.  But, I love it despite that.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta