cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Don't buy Zagg InvisibleShield screen protector!

suttie
Miembro

When I purchased my Galaxy S8 from the Verizon store, the employee recommended the Zagg InvisibleShield screen protector. It was super expensive ($49.99), but came with a "free" lifetime warranty. I should have known that it was a rip off, but I hadn't done any research before hand. The $49.99 "glass" screen protector is a piece of cheap plastic. It cracked within a couple of months. So I went online to request a replacement and found out the "free" replacement would cost $12.00 for shipping! Now the shipping is down to $5.99, so I finally gave in and requested the replacement, since it's cheaper than the alternatives that I could find on Amazon, which go for $7-$15.

Zagg must be paying Verizon to push their products. I realize that's how things work. But Zagg is on a whole new level of bad.  These Zagg products are so bad and such a rip off, I felt compelled to warn others even though there are already tons of reviews and warning about these products already out there. 

Bottom line: Don't be dumb like me and don't buy InvisibleShield.

Labels (1)

Re: Don't buy Zagg InvisibleShield screen protector!

lukevinyl

Verizon is not being paid to "push their products".... The reps at the store do get commission, naturally-- and the Zagg protectors are more expensive than others but not by a lot so not sure if this would have any impact.

Overall the Zagg protectors seem to have fairly good reviews though with these "curved" screens the reviews/ratings are lower as they don't seem to adhere as well to the screen. This is because they are NOT plastic and are very thin tempered glass. Generally if the tempered glass "cracked" it was because it sustained some type of impact and is doing exactly what it was designed to do, and that is to take the brunt of the impact and damage as opposed to the screen. I would rather replace a screen protector than a screen or a phone, as would most.....

You state "I should have known that it was a rip off, but I hadn't done any research before hand."  I would recommend doing some research on tempered glass screen protectors and look into how these are designed, and supposed to crack rather than your screen-- whether you purchase one from Zagg or another manufacturer. They are more expensive, but that is so you don't have to shell out another $30-$50 on another which might be worth it to you or not (but this would be something else entirely, separate from the issues you brought up).

suttie
Miembro

Thanks for the thoughtful reply. I'm glad you like the product. I don't feel like as much of a sucker. Now that I think about it, my phone has taken some pretty bad falls which probably should have destroyed my phone.

lukevinyl

Thanks for your comment and additional info! Smiley Happy

I'm not even necessarily advocating Zagg vs. other tempered glass protectors, just stating that they are different than a regular screen protector that only protects against scratches. They are designed to crack and (in my opinion) if they do and the screen doesn't, I take that as a win!

I don't remember where, but at one point had seen some videos showing screens being impacted with various objects both with and without different screen protectors and it was eye-opening. I remember thinking "what did we do before these tempered glass screen protectors?"... The answer is: we had a lot more broken screens!

So I do think they are worth it when justifying cost of these (any brand really, not only Zagg) and there might be a difference amongst brands, but at this price-point the differences are negligible. For those that are a bit rougher on their devices Zagg might be a better option with the lifetime warranty, but for those that would only need a replacement given a "freak-accident" it might be better to get one of the cheaper ones that don't have a guarantee.

Sounds like it might have saved your screen once or twice (and if it's just once-- it's worth it, right?!)

neiuo
Miembro

My screen saver cracked after two days, and there was no reason, no impact, no drop. So I request "Free life time warranty replacement" and they want $10 dollars to mail it??

How did you get them to drop it to 5.99?? Zaggs InvisibleShield screen protector is a rip off!! and a scam... 10 buck to ship one little screen, and the screen itself isnt worth $10.... Don't get suckered in by the sales people, go to Amazon and buy a screen for 12.99

0 Me gusta

iamihop
Miembro

I just discovered that I fell for this scam, too. The problem isn't really the quality of the product, or the lack thereof. The problem is the misinformation provided by Verizon sales reps and the packaging. I was told, in no uncertain terms, that I could get free lifetime replacements for this vastly over-priced piece of glass. Newsflash to Verizon reps: $10+ per replacement is not free. And Zagg states that I can avoid paying shipping by getting it in-store - but they conveniently fail to mention that Verizon stores don't count. And even if you make it to a Zagg store, they will hit you with a "small replacement fee" for handing you the screen protector. They've gotta take your money, somehow!

If Zagg and Verizon were trying to be honest, it would extremely easy for them to make these free replacements available for pickup in-store. After all, they're ALREADY in stock in the Verizon store a mile from me right now. It is clear that this is a scam, where Zagg makes bank on the initial purchase and then covers all their costs by demanding expensive shipping.

This whole thing is incredibly slimy. Zagg and Verizon should both be ashamed. But why should they care? There will always be more unsuspecting people to scam.

0 Me gusta

jmo305
Miembro

I spent $50.00 on the shield and $50.00 in postage to get "free" replacements, but my screen cracked anyway.  Zagg won't help me pay for replacing my screen.  What the heck is the positive thing about buying a Zagg?  Nothing.  Don't buy it.  You can buy cheaper ones on Amazon.  What a rip off!

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm saddened to learn your screen is cracked and I'm here t to help. Let's look into. Why were you advised their warranty could not be honored? AyaniB_VZW

0 Me gusta

fadeawaymaiden
Miembro

I too was not informed by the Verizon representative when we purchased the Zagg screen protector for 2 phones at $45.00 each, that there is a fee associated for a replacement under the warranty. Imagine our surprise when we had to replace the screen protectors, we now had to pay a fee to get a replacement. Total mispresentation on Verizon's part if you ask me and makes me learily to ever trust them again on any of the products they sell. Why not be honest with your customers instead of misleading them?  

0 Me gusta

@fadeawaymaiden escribió:

I too was not informed by the Verizon representative when we purchased the Zagg screen protector for 2 phones at $45.00 each, that there is a fee associated for a replacement under the warranty. Imagine our surprise when we had to replace the screen protectors, we now had to pay a fee to get a replacement. Total mispresentation on Verizon's part if you ask me and makes me learily to ever trust them again on any of the products they sell. Why not be honest with your customers instead of misleading them?  

The fee is for shipping. By the way if you make a warranty claim on your phone you pay for shipping to 

Warranty is always from the manufacturer.  And it’s a good idea to read the terms when you register your screen protector like it says you should.  

0 Me gusta