cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Do we have to register WeBoost cell phone boosters with Verizon?

Miembro

We RV all over the country. Many place we arrive at have weak cell signals. We plan on purchasing a booster and then use our phones as hot spots for WiFi connection to our tablets and laptops. According to the manufacturers of the boosters, we are supposed to register the device with Verizon. I am curious what they mean by this. Just tell Verizon we have and are going to use it? Actually give Verizon the model, serial number and so on? Or?

Labels (1)
Pestañas (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Do we have to register WeBoost cell phone boosters with Verizon?

In the US the FCC has to approve any radio equipment for use on cellular frequencies. I suspect Verizon can verify within seconds whether or not yours is approved and proceed from there. Call Customer Service (800) 922-0204 with it in hand.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

While, in theory, one can register online, with Mac OS/X (May 2019), I could not get past the "address verification" page.  I had to call.  The automated response was to use a cell phone 'text message' link to an automated assitant, but that took me back to the same place where it 'hung' before.

Called back again, asked for a person (which the voice response system recognized!), and finally they were able to register the device.  They will need information off the label on the device (e.g.: manufacturer, FCC ID, serial #, model)

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Yes, FCC requires the booster to be registered with your cell phone carrier of choice, call the customer service 800 number and enter your credentials to continue with registration 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes