cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Choppy Bluetooth Audio Streaming with 5.0.1

Miembro

Finally registered my account today after many many months of dealing with a couple of key issues with the LG G3.

Issue:

While streaming audio to my car's stereo via Bluetooth, the audio streams clearly for ~30 seconds and then becomes choppy (Imagine listening to a song while toggling "Play/Pause" every quarter second).

As for the 30 seconds, it may be streaming without issue while the screen is awake. I've read in a separate forum that this was the case.

Nota:

• This will happen regardless of the media application, as well as streamed vs local music (Spotify, Play Music, VZW Default, etc)
  • This issue occurred after a software update. I cannot recall if it was after upgrading to 5.0.1.
  • My phone was at one time compatible with my Bluetooth device. A software update changed the behavior. I do not believe this is an issue with hardware/compatibility.
  • Running Android 5.0.1 - This phone has never been rooted

Troubleshooting efforts:

• I have attempted a factory reset of my device.
  • I have reset the Car Stereo's memory (forcing it to forget the device).
  • I have cleared the Cache and Data from the Phone's Bluetooth Application. Settings > Application Manager > Bluetooth > 'Clear data' / 'Clear Cache'.
  • I have deleted and reestablished a connection with the Bluetooth device on multiple occasions.

None of the steps above resolved the issue. Please let me know what steps to take or what information is needed from me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Choppy Bluetooth Audio Streaming with 5.0.1

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi btkircher, I can understand wanting to listen is a great way to make getting around easier while driving. Let me help the music to keep going on in your car as it relates to your LG G3 device. I appreciate the steps you took in an attempt to resolve the issue. Do you have this issue with another device that has the same ability with using bluetooth to play music without the same exact issues? Have you check with your auto dealer for any update of the car's audio bluetooth connectivity functions? Checking to ensure the software is up to date and /or if the issue can be isolated to just the device you're using can shed more light on a possible solution. Please keep us posted. 
EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Thanks for your prompt response.

I forgot to mention that the issue can be isolated to my device. My wife has no issue streaming audio from her iPhone 5.

Also, this is not an isolated problem. There are many reports of this problem occurring after upgrading to 5.0.1

(ex. Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com ).

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update and the additional information you were able to locate via the link given and let's look at getting this concern resolved. Did you check to see if your car dealer had updated their software for bluetooth to be compatible with the software udpate on your device? Sometimes the updates need to be done on both ends for a function to  resume as it once worked. Another option is seeing if you can obtain a app from Google Playstore that can perhaps bridge the gap of the compatibility issue so you can stream your mucis once again. 
EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

This issue is very well known.  Not to be bummy, but you're hosed until Verizon decides to hold LG accountable, which seems unlikely.  I've had 5 G3s since the update in April under the mat warranty and they've all had the issue.  You can send to LG with no promise of return date for a flash to Kit Kat, but you'll be without a phone until you get it back and it will force the lollipop update once you power it on, leaving you exactly where you are today.  Trust me.  I've been literally been on the phone with customer service more than 30 hours. 

In the meanwhile, you can rest assured that Verizon, the slowest carrier to provide updates ( you would think this is a good thing, since other carriers have had this exact issue since October of 2014... yep...  6 months before the Verizon update...) will eventually update the device, but likely not before Spring 2016.  They offer no real concessions or apologies.  The only option for me was to pay off and buy another device.  Considering this happened just a month after signing with Verizon, I'll be looking for another carrier shortly. 

Not acceptable.  In my business I once bought back an entire semi trailer of poor quality tires that I sold my customers.  I didn't get one done from the manufacturer, but I wanted to do what was right for my customers.  Verizon ought to do the same.

0 Likes