cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Can I Activate An AT&T Samsung Gear S3 LTE On Verizon?

Rubik76
Miembro

I realize this is probably a long shot but...  I have a multi-part question regarding unlocking and adding a Gear S3 to Verizon.

I have an AT&T Gear S3 LTE.  I was able to obtain an unlock code from AT&T and I believe I have unlocked the device.

First question:

I tried the unlock procedure a few times (AT&T's instructions to remove the SIM card before entering the unlock sequence aren't applicable since this is an eSIM device). Twice I got the message "Action not supported".  Once I got the message "Success!".  How can I tell if the device is actually unlocked?  The following are true:

• When I turn Mobile Networks on, I get a message that the SIM is not provisioned (I also got this before the unlock attempt)
  • When I turn Mobile Networks on, I get a signal strength indicator
  • The option in settings "Network Operators" is always grayed out, and was both before and after my unlock attempts

From the above, is there any way for me to know whether or not the device is truly unlocked?

Second question:

When I attempt to add the device as a new line with Verizon, I get a message that the device is not compatible with the Verizon network.  My understanding is that Verizon and AT&T use the same LTE bands, so it should be compatible.  Is the message more likely an indication that the device is not actually unlocked, or that Verizon hasn't added the IMEI or device type to its list of supported devices?

I knew when I bought the watch there was a decent chance that I wouldn't be able to get the LTE capability to work on Verizon, and it's working great over bluetooth, so it's not the end of the world if I can't make this work, but it'd be nice if I could.

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Activating an unlocked Samsung Gear S3 LTE (AT&T) on Verizon

Ann154
Expert

The device physically doesn't have the radio hardware to work on the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

Ann154
Expert

The device physically doesn't have the radio hardware to work on the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

Rubik76
Miembro

I'd considered this as a possibility.  I was hoping that all it needed was to be on the same LTE band Verizon uses.

0 Me gusta

Ann154
Expert

It doesn't use the same LTE bands as Verizon Wireless.

0 Me gusta

Rubik76
Miembro

I am NOT an expert on these things, so I'm not saying you are wrong, but from what I am seeing, the Gear S3 supports LTE bands 2, 4, and 5, while Verizon supports 2, 4, 17, and 30.  Whether that translates to instant compatibility (or the information is even correct), I don't know - it just seems like there is an overlap.

0 Me gusta

Ann154
Expert

The device needs to support the band 13 to even begin to be compatible with the Verizon Wireless network.  The blocks for band 2 and 4 are different between the two carriers. http://www.droid-life.com/2015/02/05/us-wireless-carrier-bands-gsm-cdma-wcdma-lte-verizon-att-sprint...

0 Me gusta

Rubik76
Miembro

Gotcha, thanks.

Bummer.

But hey, I learned something, so it's not all bad!

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

Sorry, but I'm Calling bill cookies on the story.

ATT will unlock phones and tablets.

It won't, can't and would be bothered with a request to unlock a smartwatch.  They also don't unlock mifi, mobile hotspots.  

There is no place on a smartwatch or Mifi to program APN settings even if they did unlock them.

Some people have managed to hack their watches and Mifi, but not with any help from the carrier.

Rubik76
Miembro

You're entitled to your belief, but it doesn't alter reality.

0 Me gusta

JASHAU78
Miembro

Here's to Bill Cookies!  I requested the same unlock code and this was the reply:

"Hi, JASON.

We received and approved your request to unlock your Samsung SM-R765A device. Use the unlock code and instructions in this email to unlock your device."

So apparently both are correct as it appears that we cannot in fact unlock the watch, however, AT&T certainly does provide the option and instructions, they just don't work.

I went through the same procedures, to no avail!

I wish there was a way to make the transition to verizon.

C'mon verizon get with the program here, this is a great watch . What are we waiting for?

0 Me gusta