what's up with 4g lte service in north charlotte nc?
CeeDeeP

no bars on my Verizon wireless 4g broadband modem ... been happening for 24 + hours.  this evening it switched to 3g.  what's up?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: what's up with 4g lte service in north charlotte nc?
mc1lean
Enthusiast - Level 2

Glad to see I'm not the only one. I live NW of Charlotte and my signal/speed have tanked. Been a long time since I've seen this and was getting spoiled.

Last time I went through this, it took me almost a month, 15+ calls, and at least that many techs before one of them would listen to me enough to open a ticket to have the towers checked.

Could someone in VZW support take a look at this for us please?

Signal when working

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B116FHeys179Nk95UUJqaFBKQ2M/edit?usp=sharing

Today's signal

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B116FHeys179ZXlGRWhGMzlTN2c/edit?usp=sharing

You can see the signal has worsened and the signal noise is awful.

0 Likes
mc1lean
Enthusiast - Level 2

Forgot to mention that the tower I'm hitting is at 301 Flint St. Lincolnton, NC 28092.

0 Likes
msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

CeeDeeP and mc1lean, get used to it. Verizon is no longer the premium carrier you think it is. 4G speed is pathetic where I live. Don't want to disclose my location, but here is a screenshot of my 4g speedtest. You be the judge, is this what we call 4G??

2013-06-30 20.03.48.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@CeeDeeP

Let's get you back up to 4G speeds!  What model 4G LTE Broadband device are you using?  Have you tested your connection at different locations?  In what zip code are you experiencing problems?  Problems indoors, outdoors or both?  Please try removing and reinserting the 4G SIM Card.  Keep me posted so I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mc1lean
Enthusiast - Level 2

AnthonyTa_VZW, I'd like to get your opionion of the stats (links) I posted. Everything is fine today btw, nice flat lines.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I'v seen this before on my Razr's Devices they can go into kind of like a Vapor lock they should be connecting say like the 4G But they just don't want to do it). It takes like a Power cycle or something like that to get them to re-register to the network Once the re-connection is done there usually good till they hit a snag and you have to perform the process again. So you might try pulling the plug and then reconnecting it to the network see if it Helps..  b33

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there mc1lean!

Let's get back to spoiling you & get to the bottom of these speeds. I wasn't able to open your links unfortunately. Can you please post them as screen shots perhaps?

You can also use speedtest.net to capture your speeds.

What's your exact zipcode and phone model?

Thanks!

Melissa_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you msturgis!

Let's find out where your blazing speeds ran off to! Do you see these speeds when your indoor and outdoor?

What model phone do you have? You don't have to supply an exact address, but how about a zipcode?

Thanks!

Melissa_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mc1lean
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Melissa_VZW. I have a pantech uml_290 in a cradlepoint router with a 24 db yagi antenna on my roof. I also recently bought an S4 and expanded my data plan. My zip is 28092. I live in an extended area and have been told numerous times that nothing can be done. My concern is that the signal has been just fine for months (per my previous links to router stats) and lately they've been erratic. on good days I get 16 - 20mb down up to 10 up. Lately, I've been getting 10 up and 5 down. When the signal is low and noisy, its unusable and I have to use my wife's AT&T card/router. The phone shows an LTE signal of about -100 RSSI and rarely gets 4G, barely gets 3G. Of course I expect that based on what I've seen. I'm about 5 miles from the tower I point to with my yagi, I gave the address above. I'm hoping someone can check the towers at some point. Maybe let me know if any work is planned in my area in the future. Thanks!

0 Likes