Why is your signal so horrible in downtown Savannah, GA?
Martimus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your signal is horrendous in downtown Savannah, GA's metropolitan area. This is an enormous tourist area that's bustling constantly all year round, and we are all stuck with 2 bar 3G signal.  Where is the support? I'm at work here downtown and I have 1 bar 3G.  When I walk outside it boosts up to 2 bar 3G. There's no excuse.

Add another tower or -something- to fix this awful service.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is your signal so horrible in downtown Savannah, GA?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Martimus,

It's really alarming to hear the signal you're getting is just 1 or 2 bars of 3G. Savannah is showing to have good 4G coverage. Which zip code are you in? Has service always been this way or when did it change? Does signal seem to get worse during high traffic times such as rush hour or holidays? Which make/model phone do you have?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Martimus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well savannah downtown has one zip code..... 31401

I am using an iPhone 5C.

0 Likes
Martimus
Enthusiast - Level 2

And service has always been rather poor in this area. Everyone I know here at work who has Verizon also has poor signal here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Martimus,

Thanks for those details. Are you able to make/receive calls and send/receive texts ok when you're in this area? When you try to use Safari do the webpages load? There could be interferance from the building you work in depending on what materials it is made out of and the placement between the building's location and the cell phone towers that service the area. How far from work do you have to go before service improves? Are there any locations within Savannah that you receive 4G signal?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes