Why is my LTE so slow ever since I switched from my grandfathered TRUE unlimited, to verizon’s NEW unlimited plan?
Hondro1m

In July of this year, I switched to verizon’s “new” unlimited data plan from my original Nationwide plan with the original unlimited data plan That I was grandfathered into. i Feel like my 4G LTE on the new unlimited plan has been so freakin slow compared to my old plan. especially recently after receiving a notice saying something along the lines of “your cellular data coverage settings have been updated”. Am I the only one experiencing terribly slow speeds witb their LTE recently? It’s really starting to frustrate me considering how expensive Verizon is.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is my LTE so slow ever since I switched from my grandfathered TRUE unlimited, to verizon’s NEW unlimited plan?
stef7
Master - Level 2

Do you have GoUnlimited or BeyondUnlimilted?

With the GoUnlimited plan, there can be prioritization of data flow based on cell tower congestion.

0 Likes
Re: Why is my LTE so slow ever since I switched from my grandfathered TRUE unlimited, to verizon’s NEW unlimited plan?
Hondro1m

I just compared the plan, I think I have BeyondUnlimited, but at $20/line instead of $85/line. it just says Unlimited, and has all the same features As BeyondUnlimited

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If you were on beyondunlimited, it would say so on your bill or your plan. For example, I have listed a portion of my bill below:

Untitled-1.jpg

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might be the new Verizon Unlimited Plan which was available before Verizon Wireless created the Go Unlimited Plan and the Beyond Unlimited Plan.

The new Verizon Unlimited Plan has an account level fee at $65 for a single line account and $110 for multiple line accounts. Each smartphone line has an access fee of $20 per month.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have the best possible service and data speeds, Hondro1m. Let's get your frustration turned around and figure out what's going on. The message you received regarding your cellular data coverage sounds like an update on your phone. What is the make and model of your phone? Where are you experiencing slow data speeds? Is anyone else experiencing the same issues? Tell us more about what happens while you are using data.

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
VANMOK43
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am experiencing the same issue, along with my fiance.  I switched from the original unlimited data plan with Verizon, to one of the new unlimited plans and my phone does not load content like it used too.  I have an iphone 6s, and recently did the upgrade to 11 ios.  My fiance was on Sprint network and joined my unlimited plan, he has an iphone 7plus, also upgraded and anything his phone is very slow now.  We mostly use our phones for music and social media, no games, movies, or tv.  When we do the device checker, everything is good, so I'm assuming it's the network.

stef7
Master - Level 2

What "Unlimited" plan do you have? It matters.

If "GoUnlimited", you are probably suffering due to cell tower "congestion".

If "Beyond Unlimited", I'm really not sure.

Force your phones to 3G mode. Google it.

Does your data stream and your pages load faster?

0 Likes
Hondro1m

I have an iPhone 7 Plus 128gb and my wife has the iPhone 7 128gb

0 Likes
Hondro1m

It just says Unlimited, no go, no beyond. Just unlimited and it has the same benefits as the beyond unlimited plan

0 Likes