What happened to the data service recently?
stlcf15

I switched to Verizon last summer partially because the data service was so good.  I have an hour drive to work every morning, and I typically listen to internet radio through my phone for at least half the time.  With my previous carrier, the service became so bad that it became too frustrating to listen.  When I switched to Verizon, I had almost no disruptions when listening.  This great service continued until a few months ago.  Since then, the data service is terrible.  The station skips all the time, sounding like a CD with a scratch on it, and it just completely stops to catch up at least 10 times each morning... in 30 minutes!!  Just like the old carrier, it's becoming almost unusable!  What's going on?! Why is the service so bad now! Nothing has changed with my phone (no new phone anyway... I'm sure there have been updates, etc.) or my route, but the service is just aweful!! Please help!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What happened to the data service recently?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We need to get to the bottom of this, stlcf15. First I will need a few more details. What zip code are you traveling through? What highway are you taking to work? Do you have problems with calls?

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
stlcf15

I drive from Brimfield, IL (61517) to Bloomington, IL (61704), primarily on Interstate 74.  It appears that I pass through the following zip codes: 61528, 61615, 61604, 61603, 61611, 61550, 61733, 61742, 61729, 61725, 61705, 61761, 61701.

I rarely make phone calls, but I can't recall experiencing any issues with them.

Somewhere on these forums, I did see mention of an update resetting the Global Data Roaming Access to "Deny data roaming access" and that switching the setting back to "Allow access for all trip" may help with data issues.  I made that change, but have not seen any noticable improvement.

Thanks for any assistance you may be able to provide.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

stlcf15,

Thanks for the details. I was reviewing the area and seems to be all good. But, let's not stop there. What kind of device are you using? Do you now if any one else in these area have Verizon Wireless and having these kind of issues? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
stlcf15

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2, and I don't know of anyone else that drives the same route that I do and also listens to internet radio for a good portion of it, so I couldn't tell you if anyone else has the same issues.  All I can say is that it used to be good, but now it's terrible.  I have tried several different apps to see if it's a problem with the particular one that I normally use, but they all experience the same issues.  The data speed just doesn't keep up anymore.

0 Likes