What are the details of the data allotment on my new plan?
rempson
Contributor - Level 1

Recently I signed up for Play More Unlimited.  When showing the outline of the plan, it states 25 GB Premium Data and also lists 15 GB Hot Spot.  Does this mean 25 GB + 15 GB?  I assumed that it did, but noticed when I used 4 GB on my hot spot (letting granddaughter watch Netflix on my tablet),  the app now reflects an additioanl 4 GB of data used, plus this number is also reflected in my hot spot usage.  Hoping to clarify.

Also when I signed up,  5G Unlimited was included in my plan at not extra cost.  If/when I get a 5G phone to replace my 4 LTE phone, will it automatically be inluded without additional cost? 

Thank you much. 

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Questions about My New Plan
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The 15 GB LTE hotspot data counts toward the 25 GB premium data. 

Item 1 under the Plan features. 

"What happens when I use up the 15 GB limit for Mobile Hotspot? Can I buy a Data Boost with Play More Unlimited?

Play More Unlimited gives you a 15 GB allowance of 4G LTE data for Mobile Hotspot each bill cycle:

Once you've used the 15 GB of 4G LTE data, your Mobile Hotspot data speed is reduced to up to 600 Kbps speeds for the rest of the bill cycle.

Other data continues at 4G LTE speeds until you reach 25 GB.

You can buy a Data Boost on a line to get 5 GB more of 4G LTE speeds for Mobile Hotspot to use until the end of your bill cycle. Learn more about Data Boosts.

Keep in mind, a Data Boost won’t extend your 4G LTE speeds for non-Mobile Hotspot data use. Once you've used 25 GB of data/month on a Play More Unlimited line, in times of congestion your data may be temporarily slower than other traffic."

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/play-more-unlimited-faqs/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The 15 GB LTE hotspot data is part of the 25 GB LTE premium data.

The 5G access is $10 per month extra, but is free for a limited time. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/unlimited/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

tbschimel
Enthusiast - Level 2

The premium data is just a faster version of data available. In one cycle (a month) if you exceed 25gb of data you will go into standard (slower) data. If you use under or stay within 25gb it will always be the premium (faster) data signal. 

The hotspot is not your usable data. A hotspot is when you use your phone for other devices to connect to your device as a mobile WiFi connection. So you get 15gb of data to use the phone as a hotspot, once it runs out you either buy more or turn the hotspot off and wait until next month for a replenish. Note that streaming videos will use an exceedingly high amount of data. Such as 4K Netflix uses about 4gb of data per hour of viewing. A hotspot connection will also be significantly slower than most ISP WiFi connections. 

5G is included in the plan, if your phone has 5G abilities it will automatically pickup the 5G signals and use the 5G when applicable. You need to be around 5G Verizon towers, if the area you're in only has 4G, then it will use 5G and upgrade to 5G within range of the signal providers. If it says it's included; it's no additional cost. 

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The 15 GB LTE hotspot data counts toward the 25 GB premium data. 

Item 1 under the Plan features. 

"What happens when I use up the 15 GB limit for Mobile Hotspot? Can I buy a Data Boost with Play More Unlimited?

Play More Unlimited gives you a 15 GB allowance of 4G LTE data for Mobile Hotspot each bill cycle:

Once you've used the 15 GB of 4G LTE data, your Mobile Hotspot data speed is reduced to up to 600 Kbps speeds for the rest of the bill cycle.

Other data continues at 4G LTE speeds until you reach 25 GB.

You can buy a Data Boost on a line to get 5 GB more of 4G LTE speeds for Mobile Hotspot to use until the end of your bill cycle. Learn more about Data Boosts.

Keep in mind, a Data Boost won’t extend your 4G LTE speeds for non-Mobile Hotspot data use. Once you've used 25 GB of data/month on a Play More Unlimited line, in times of congestion your data may be temporarily slower than other traffic."

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/play-more-unlimited-faqs/

rempson
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you so much for clarifying that for me.   I really do not use much data at all,  but wanted clarification as my DIL and granddaughter are also on my account with the Do More plan and I explained it to them as 50 GB + 15 GB.  I will let them know.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
rempson
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for all of your information.  I am coming off of the 5GB for $55 single line plan and wanted to fully understand my new plan, so thank you for that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those are excellent questions, and we're happy to assist. The Hotspot usage does count toward the 25GB high priority data limit of the plan, they are not separate. We wouldn't be able to speculate at future pricing regarding the 5G service. StanleyC_VZW

0 Likes