Very poor 3g & 4g coverage for the last few weeks---why??
rondi7

We have had VZW since cell coverage was available in north idaho, specifically zip 83841. Over the last few weeks, AT TIMES we need to go outdoor to talk, otherwise folks can't hear us. Then all of a sudden, we got a full 4 bars on EVDO & 1RX. 15 minutes later it drops to 0 bars on EVDO and 1 or 2 on 1RX. My VZW Hotspot 5510 only has 3 bars of 4g.  For years we have had no problems now it's bad--or even worse than that.

Can someone point to a site or a phone number I can call to find out what is going on and report this major problem???

Thanks, Ron

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Very poor 3g & 4g coverage for the last few weeks---why??
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

To check on a service problem contact VZW tech support at 1800-988-0204.  Mention the symptoms as you see them for your devices and ask if there are any issues in your area.

To better help you analyze the problem try using signal strength numbers like RSSI and perform a site survey of your area.  You can also compare your RSSI numbers with a performance test from http://speedtest.net from your MiFi.  The combined RSSI and stats from speedtest should help them evaluate your area and get a technician to check it out.

Site Survey:

http://3gstore.com/page/13_will_an_antenna_help_me.html

Be prepared to perform a SIM card reset or two while troubleshooting with VZW.  Most of the time when dealing with performance problems a SIM card reset is the first line of defense.  SIM cards are the pieces responsible for communicating with the towers in your area.  Since you have two different devices able to reproduce the problem you should be able to move through the troubleshooting steps quickly. 

0 Likes
rondi7

John, thanks for the reply. The fon # you supplied did not work--but change the 988 to 922 and it does. I got tech support and since our problem is all devices--not just one, the knowledge woman determined she was gonna pass it onto the Real TS. The woman there wrote up a ticket and she said someone would have to come out and check what was going on--within 5 days.

Ron

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Whoops, that was a typo on the phone num.  Should have been 922 as you already discovered.

Sounds like you have done all that you can.  I'd be very skeptical if VZW follows up with you as promised.  It would be better to check in with them in 5 days and ask for any updates.  The field techs and admins that would fix an issue like that do not normally report back to VZW customer support for anything.  You normally have to check in with them and see where your request is currently sitting.

0 Likes