Valley of the uninformed
wfitz1964
Enthusiast - Level 3

I see att building cell towers in prime locations in castro valley. All verizon seems to tout their XLTE it doesn't matter much after I have had three important calls dropped spot 4g serive and fact less than .65 miles away you have cell tower permitted but not shovel in site while att is building cell sites. I'm feeling very left out here the only place in castro valley where my phone worked was in ER at eden that was because it had cell site or at BART. I'm knort very happy with poor service. In a sense its put up or shut up for a while until my contract runs out & I can use better locations of att towers .

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Valley of the uninformed
Not applicable

You do realize that LTE has nothing to do with calls.

wfitz1964
Enthusiast - Level 3

yes I Know LTE has absolutely nothing to do with call. However Verizon's service is terrible here in terms of voice reliability. I have tried everything . I feel I'm just going to have to move to another provider.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

wfitz1964 wrote:

I feel I'm just going to have to move to another provider.

You should always go with the provider which best suits your needs.Smiley Happy

Keep in mind, the approval for erecting new cell tower sites can take several years to gain approval due to state/local government restrictions on their construction. The towers AT&T is currently constructing could have been initiated several years ago for the permit process. Whether or not Verizon is attempting to improve their service by erecting new towers can be found by searching whether or not they have similar plans in front of local governments in the area. I know for a fact in my area there are groups who petition local governing bodies to NEVER approve these types of installations and THAT is why it can take years to gain the proper permits.

0 Likes
Not applicable

And a simple Google search you can find a myriad of stories where Verizon or any of the other 3 carries have been turned down for permits to build new towers because they "look ugly" to the NIMBY( Not In My Back Yard ) people. Ironically a lot of the same people then continue to complain about poor coverage and ask the carries to do something about it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello wfitz1964, I can certainly understand wanting to improve the service in your area so that we can maintain the best network for you. We are constantly making improvements to the local towers so that it will be able to support the 4G LTE service. We would like to go over some information with you to assist with getting this service to your local area. I have checked the coverage informatipn for the location specified and it does show that we should indeed have 4GLTE service available to you. Do you experience dropped calls indoors, outdoors, or both? Which device do you have with us? Please share details so we can get to the bottom of this, together.

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes