Text Messages to my Pantech 4G LTE USB Modem UML290
certman

I have been using a Verizon Pantech 4G LTE USB Modem UML290 that I purchased for Internet connection only.  Every month Verizon tacks a couple of dollars onto my bill because of email nessages someone has sent to the phone number for the aircard.  I have looked at a couple of them and they were sent to the person who had that phone number before I got it.  Verizon tells me the only way to stop the charges is to set up a "block" on the number so it cannot receive text messages.  So I agreed, now I get an error message everytime I try to connect and it always takes 3-4 tries before the aircard will connect.  And now I must actually log into my Verizon account to see the monthly usage for the aircard, which used to display automatically everytime I used the aircard.  Are the Verizon servers really so "dumb" that they cannot tell that the phone number is for an aircard and not to accept text message to the number; but to allow the account to receive the Verizon messages with the "usage data"?        

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text Messages to my Pantech 4G LTE USB Modem UML290
ChaunceyM_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Hello certman, I can understand your frustration. I have suggestion that may work for you. If the messages were primarily coming from a specific number or just a few numbers we offer Call and Message Blocking. This would allow you to block the unwanted messages. Call and Message Blocking is a free feature that allows you to block up to five numbers.

The best part is that you would be able to remove the Text Message Block and resume getting your usage updates without logging into your online account. For info about Call and Message Blocking select the link: https://wbillpay.verizonwireless.com/vzw/nos/uc/uc_home.jsp

Thanks,

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes