Spotty and Slow Upload?
mylasthope

Hey guys,

I just checked Verizon's 4g coverage map and my house (La Mirada, CA) should be in great 4g coverage. However, I frequently see all of my phones dropping from 4g to 3g. Further, when I use the speedtest app on my phone, I get 1 mbps upload at best. Is this normal?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Spotty and Slow Upload?
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you for your feedback. I have confirmed that the area in of La Mirada, CA has 4G coverage. However, the connection speeds can vary at different times depending on the exact location where your using your devices. Also, we would need to know if the issue is effecting all three Droid Charges to address it as possible network issue as opposed to a device issue. I am sending you a private message that you could respond to in addressing your concerns further. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
enyalius
Contributor - Level 1

Welome to the forums, Mylasthope!

First off, what phones are you using, and are they up to date?  I know that if you have the Thunderbolt, there was an update released a few weeks or so back that improved stability on the 4G network.  You mention multiple devices; how many do you have and are they all haveing the same problem at the same time?

Also, I would suggest staying away from the Speedtest app; it doesn't seem to measure very accurately on 4G (at least, it hasn't for me).  Wireless tethering is still free for another week or so, so it might be worth it to fire that up, connect on a laptop and run speedtest through the laptop.   Personally, I find that speeds (up and down) can vary by several Mb/s between the app and the web based version on a PC/Mac.

Finally, what are the speeds you're actually pulling?  

0 Likes
mylasthope

Hi,

I have 3 Droid Charges at home. All of them are pulling around 4-5mbps down and .50 mpbs up from both the phone and the pcs in our home (ran speedtest while using the built in tether). They're all on ED2.

0 Likes
mylasthope

Just got the EE4 update on one of them. Still getting the same exact 4g speeds. I could have sworn the speeds were faster 2 weeks ago...there was no way I was averaging .5 mpbs upload. =(

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you for your feedback. I have confirmed that the area in of La Mirada, CA has 4G coverage. However, the connection speeds can vary at different times depending on the exact location where your using your devices. Also, we would need to know if the issue is effecting all three Droid Charges to address it as possible network issue as opposed to a device issue. I am sending you a private message that you could respond to in addressing your concerns further. 

0 Likes