Speedtest.net picking server in different state
SteppinRazor

Hi.  When I run speedtest.net, it checks a server in Kansas and seems to think I am in Kansas, but I live in Texas.  I get way faster speeds picking a server in TX (go figure).  How do I get the hotspot to use the faster server?  TIA

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Speedtest.net picking server in different state
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi SteppinRazor!  That's a strange occurence.  I would love to help!  In what zip code are you physically located when you're performing the speed test?  And what model device are you using when connecting with the mobile hotspot?  Let me know so I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SteppinRazor

The zip code I am in is 77004. The device is a verizon mifi 4510L. Thanks

Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 16:52:29 -0600

To: steppinrazr@hotmail.com

Subject: - Re: Speedtest.net picking server in different state

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in 4G LTE - View the full discussion

Hi SteppinRazor! That's a strange occurence. I would love to help! In what zip code are you physically located when you're performing the speed test? And what model device are you using when connecting with the mobile hotspot? Let me know so I can further assist. Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW

VZW Support

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in 4G LTE by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

© 2011 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for the additional information, SteppinRazor!
Since this is something out of the ordinary, I would recommend getting in touch with the support team at Speedtest.net to see why it is picking up on a server in a different area for the MiFI 4510L that you are using.

You can also ensure you have the most recent software version on the device http://bit.ly/S7YmVO  and also reset the MiFi 4510L by following these steps http://bit.ly/UWhMSd prior to reaching out to them Speedtest.Net.

I hope one of these options will help you out! (If not, let us know)

Tamara H.

0 Likes
brandonwvs

I also have this issue with devices I own.  I live outside of Pittsburgh, my current generation iPad always picks a state college server.  But my HTC Blunderbolt always picks servers in western ohio, illinois, or michigan.  I don't find it to be out of the ordinary.  Also, in the greater Pittsburgh area I have not had consistent 4G LTE for about 2 to 3 weeks now, and am getting speedtests around .2 to .6mbps download speeds on both the Thunderbolt and iPad when I used to easily get 2.0 to as high as 11mps tests before.  What's going on?

0 Likes