South Pasasdena: Full 4G LTE--but no data
atk411

Hello,

Samsung Galaxy S6.  The phone tells me I have 4-5 bars of 4G LTE, but I get absolutely no data transmission.  This only happens when I'm in South Pasadena, CA (ZIP 91030), particularly, west of the Gold Line light rail station.

Phone has been restarted (both, using "restart" and "shut off") and the sim card removed and put back in.  But the problem remains.

Background: a few months ago it wouldn't even show any 4G or 3G signal in this area.  So we're use to getting no data here (doesn't mean it's okay).  Recently, the Verizon phones all started showing full 4G bars, but still not data.

Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: South Pasasdena: Full 4G LTE--but no data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is right here, front and center atk411. Let's partner together and get your 4G LTE service working in Pasadena. Is the issue indoors, outdoors, or both? What's the exact software version do you have installed on the S6? Have you ever been able to access data in this are without any issues before? As you share the details then we can troubleshoot together.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
atk411

Hi Arnett,

This is both indoors and outdoors.

I have Android 5.1.1

All Verizon Wireless 4GLTE phones have had data issues in this area in the past.  The only difference is that now all our phones say we have full 4G bars.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

atk411,

Thanks for the update. Are you aware of others in the area with similar concerns? Have you ever had service in this particular area?

AdamG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: South Pasasdena:  Full 4G LTE--but no data
atk411

Hi Adam,

All Verizon Wireless users in this area have no/weak data transfer in this area.  It has been like this for as long as I remember.  Only recently (in the last few months), my phone has been showing full 4G LTE signal; but still no/weak data transfer.

0 Likes
Re: South Pasasdena:  Full 4G LTE--but no data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh wow! That is definitely concerning atk411. If you are aware of multiple users in the area with similar concerns, there may be challenges or obstacles in the area interfering with reception. Wireless devices use radio transmissions, so unfortunately you can't get Service if your device isn't in range of a transmission signal. And please be aware that even within your Coverage Area, many things can affect the availability and quality of your Service, including network capacity, your device, terrain, buildings, foliage and weather. Since this would be a public forum we would not ask for any personal information to specifically identify your location. We would like to escalate this concern to our network technicians to further review. To do so, please reach out to our technical support by calling 800-922-0204.

AdamG_VZW

0 Likes