South Pasadena, CA - Weak 3G/ 4G LTE signal
atk411

South Pasadena, CA.  The 3G/4G signal on Mission Street, from Orange Grove Park (815 Mission Street) to City Hall (1414 Mission Street) is very weak/non-existent depending on tine of day.  There is a lot of community activity in this area (restaurants/stores/farmers market/city events). Verizon coverage map shows 4G LTE coverage for the entire city.  How many people need to bring this issue up before some action is taken (seriously, not a sarcastic question; I can ask other South Pasadena Verizon customers to chime in if necessary)?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: South Pasadena, CA - Weak 3G/ 4G LTE signal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for your feedback regarding 3G/4G signal in the South Pasadena, CA, atk411! Multiple factors outside of our control can impact radio signals. You indicate that service is impacted depending on the time of day, this is certainly a possibility due to network traffic at peak hours. We can definitely take a closer look at this are, please provide the ZIP code of the impacted area. Also, is this service issue primarily indoors? Please run a speed test indoors and another outdoors and share results.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: South Pasadena, CA -  Weak 3G/ 4G LTE signal
atk411

Hi Antonio, thanks your time.  The signal varying by time of day was in regards to whether I can get a single bar of 4G, 3G, or 1x...either way it's still one bar.

South Pasadena's zip code is 91030.  The service issue is the same, indoors or outdoors (like I said, from the park [815 Mission Street] all the way to City Hall [1414 Mission Street]).

How would you like me to perform the speed test, and with what unit of measurement would you like the results?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Sure thing atk411! You can actually go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and let us know what the results are. You will get a Ping, Download Speed, and Upload Speed.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
atk411

Hi Vanessa. I tried working on this for the past 20 minutes but couldn't get to the point where I was actually doing the test.  I'm working with 1 bar of 3G service right now.  I'd have to download Adobe Flash to do it through the website, or download the actual app; I couldn't download either with my current signal strength.

I think that's just it, the data signal strength around here is so weak, we're limited to voice calling.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
atk411, that does seem a little odd. Are you able to connect your phone to a wi-fi network and try to download the speed test application. Then once it is downloaded, turn wi-fi off and try to re-run the speed test. Keep us posted.
KevinR_VZW
0 Likes
atk411

Hi Kevin.  It managed to fully download as I was driving on the other side of town (up and down Fair Oaks).

At 6:15pm I tried running two tests (indoors) unsuccessfully; both times it stopped midway due to "network connection" issues.  While it was running I saw the ping was 102/114 and both times the download speed would not exceed 0.05 Mbps.

6:25pm Update: It worked, but I had to lean the phone up against the window.  The result is DL 0.16 Mbps / UL 0.07 Mbps / Ping 102.

6:31pm Update:  I tried it outside and got: DL 0.18 Mbps / UL 0.15Mbps / Ping 89

0 Likes
atk411

Next Day 10:20am Update: Indoors again: DL 0.15 Mbps / UL 0.05 Mbps / Ping 135

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
atk411,

I want to make sure we can help get you back up to speed.  We want our customer to always have a reliable connection.  Have you always encountered this issue here in this area?  How far do you have to travel to receive a good signal?

YareliM_VZW
0 Likes
atk411

Hi Yarel,

Yes, I've always had a weak signal issue in this area.  I usually have to travel a mile from this area to get a reliable 4G signal.

0 Likes