Slow data speeds after change to unlimited plan
ZAST808
Enthusiast - Level 1

my data speeds have slowed dramatically since I have switched to the unlimited plan. Why is that?

Labels (1)
Re: Slow data speeds after change to unlimited plan
BRIHES59
Enthusiast - Level 1

My LTE data speed had slowed months before changing to the unlimited plan. My data speeds are so slow I can't check my e-mail. I was told by a sales rep that my iPhone 5s wasn't compatible with the new LTE service, so I bought a new iPhone 6se today and my data speeds are just as bad! I live, work and travel in St George Utah (84770), and my friends who live in the same area have similar phones and Verizon have far better LTE speeds than me. I'm very upset I pay so much money for absolutely the poorest service.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having the best speeds possible is a must, BRIHES59. We would like to work on some troubleshooting with you to ensure you have great speeds. Have you attempted any troubleshooting steps on your new phone?

MahrizaM _VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ZAST808 -

We pride ourselves in our network, so it's upsetting to learn you're having speed issues since switching. Let's get to the bottom of this.

What is your zip code? Does this happen all the time or specific times of the day?

EricaC _VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered  your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response.  This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance  for your help with this!

0 Likes
Steve_Jep
Enthusiast - Level 3

I switched to Unlimited plan just before leaving for pipeline job, my hotspot speeds before were 10-15Mbps down and 5-10Mbps up.

These are my speeds now-

Untitled.png

I am assured that they are working to fix the issue as soon as possible, yet it seems to persist. I am sure you can imagine even the headache just to get here to type this. This is basically paying for unlimited internet to get no internet. If a tower is down then give us some [removed] satellite internet until it is fixed, it averages about the same [removed] speed as I am getting on your towers anyway at full 4g(10Mbps)

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Steve_Jep-

I feel your need for speed. Those speeds would certainly frustrate me. We want to get to the bottom of this right away. I sent you a message to your community inbox. Can you please respond there so we can provide more personalized support? Thank you so much!

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ZAST808
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a speed test from today with 3 bars happens all the time zip code is 96150

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the zip code. It definitely was helpful. Let's dig deeper. If you don't mind me asking. How much data have you used this cycle?

AnthonyM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BRIHES59
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've reset network setting numerous times.

I just started a new billing cycle on April 8th, since then there's been very little change in data speeds. Instead of .01Mbps, I'm getting about .50Mbps. I've only used 1.2G since the start of my new billing cycle.

ALLWHITE360
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here. Before 22GB

0 Likes