Re: Slow LTE speeds in NYC - 7th Ave / 37th St
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to see that you are still having some issues dairycallou. I would be more than happy to reach out to you to discuss your account in detail. Please follow and dm me your mobile number and I can absolutely reach out to you.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Slow LTE speeds in NYC - 7th Ave / 37th St
Nitspatel
Contributor - Level 1

One of my line is still tied with another year of contract. I just want to get out of the contract and pay less to T-mobile. At least I know I am not paying for the services not rendered to me.

0 Likes
mfro14
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm going to jump in here and also suggest that LTE service in Downtown Brooklyn near Borough hall is also awful.  I have a Galaxy Note 3.  I'm waiting for the oft mentioned network upgrade to occur by the end of the year.  I am hopeful that will resolve this issue. If not, I'll have to take my business to T-Mobile.  Time will tell.

DanJordan2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem.  It's just over saturation.  I recently purchased an AT&T phone and tried it for 14 days.  It was consistently faster and had coverage in more areas of Manhattan then the Verizon phone.  It is not a lack of coverage, it is the fact that there are to many phones on the tower/switch.  I work in areas from SOHO up to Columbus Circle and the speeds are amazing at 5AM. Before work this morning in SOHO I was getting 27Mbps consistently at 7AM on a Sunday morning.  However last night, when the streets were full of people I couldn't get to any website or even do a speed test in the same location.   I tried for several hours just to check a webstie and never could.  I was not able to access the internet through Verizon until i returned home to Inwood at midnight.  Verizon is the AT&T of 2010...it sucks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out to us Nitspatel. I can understand the frustration of dealing with this issue. What is the status of your trouble-ticket? Do you have a number to the ticket? Please share it with us. I want to know if it has been resolved and did you receive the next step towards fixing your issue or be provided with options. I look forward to hearing from you.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Thanks for reaching out to us Nitspatel. I can understand the frustration of dealing with this issue. What is the status of your trouble-ticket? Do you have a number to the ticket? Please share it with us. I want to know if it has been resolved and did you receive the next step towards fixing your issue or be provided with options. I look forward to hearing from you.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

Just please don't post the ticket number on the public forum. It will just be removed if it is.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
armaki
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon in Manhattan.. ha ha ha.. what a joke!!!

Every time I was in Manhattan with my VZW *LTE* phone, I had to find a wifi spot to do simple things like finding places on maps, emails etc. Verizon's data speed in Manhattan is simply a joke.

Inside most of the subway terminals in Manhattan, TMo, AT&T has voice/data coverage. Sprint also started the service too. Verzion, where are you?

0 Likes
Slow LTE speeds in NYC - 7th Ave / 37th St
DanJordan2
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is no secret to New York City Verizon users that the 4G LTE coverage in most of Manhattan is unusable during normal waking hours.  We have all complained to Verizon over and over and we all get the same responses but no results.  Each time the technical support representatives want to file a trouble ticket, reset the phone or replace the phone and SIM card.  I have tried all of these as have many of you and we know this is not the problem.  The infrastructure can't support the volume of users Verizon already has in the area.  However, Verizon continues to advertise and solicit new customers when they know they can't support their current customer base.  Their advertisement claims are knowingly overstated and they are not providing the service that we have contracted for.  We are paying the highest possible rates of any US Wireless Carrier and not getting an appropriate level of service.  Many are locked into contracts they can't get out of without fees and others have invest large amounts into hardware that we can't use elsewhere.  These contracts and purchases were entered into under false pretenses based on bad information provided by Verizon.  I understand that Verizon is claiming these problems will be resolved in 2014, but we have been paying full price for subpar service for months and will continue to pay for months until the problem is solved. It is time to act. Verizon has been given ample time to respond, and has chosen not to.  Here are some of my suggestions and I welcome your suggestions and feedback.

1. SOCIAL MEDIA SOCIAL MEDIA SOCIAL MEDIA:  This is the key, I am sure many of you have seen this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo.  United Breaks Guitars.  We can all post to our own personal social media accounts, but we need someone to put together something similar to this video that can get the word out that Verizon is MUCH slower than the dial up many of us started out on in the 90's.  Is there anyone who can help with this project.

2. Do random speed test and post the results

3. Locate an attorney who is willing to help with organizing a class action lawsuit.  Unfortunately the only people that benefit in the short term are the lawyers, but in the long run, maybe we will get what we have been paying for.   We have been paying between $100 - $160 per month for a year and receiving services similar and worse than companies charging $40 per month.  For me personally that is at least $100 a month for a year that I have been charged over what I have received.  

4. Make your suggestion and lets get this problem taken care of. Verizon use to be great and it can be great again.  They have just forgotten how to listen to their customers

VZWNY
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is just baffling honestly.

See:  http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2427077,00.asp  << Verizon Wireless' CFO acknowledges that there are indeed issues with LTE in areas like NYC, San Fran, etc...so with that said, two major issues with how this has been and is being handled.

1) Verizon reps have clearly been LYING to all of us since we starting raising this issue.  This wasn't just discovered last week, or there would not have been a decision to supposedly invest so much money into fixing the issue.
2) Why do the reps CONTINUE to ask questions as if this is the fault of our own devices?  IT IS THE VERIZON NETWORK, NOT US.  If the issue was acknowledged via the press by the CFO, should not all VZW reps be informed?  Even the lowest level support tier?

Why should us customers even believe Verizon anymore, even if they claim that the issue will be gone by the end of 2013?  What will Verizon be doing for customers that have been bringing this to their attention (via phone, in-stores, on these forums, on twitter, etc.), when they were being blatantly lied to about the "non-issue"?

0 Likes
dairycallou
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been trying for over a week now to resume this discussion and resolve this issue and I'm still awaiting a response from you.  As such, I have definitively decided to switch carriers, and once my new SIM card arrives in the mail, I will be promptly canceling my Verizon service and contesting the ETF due to the fact that I have been paying you for service you have not been providing which constitutes a breach of contract on your end.  Below are some more screenshots taken over the past few days so you can see what I have been dealing with.  I have many more screenshots I'd like to include but I have been trying to email them to myself for over two hours now (literally) and the emails will not send due to your horrific service.  Please note that, should you decline to waive the ETF, I will be pursuing this matter through small claims and seeking to recoup the costs of months of atrocious service, so I highly recommend that you respond to me ASAP and agree to waive the ETF at the time of cancellation so we may both avoid the hassle of resolving this issue in court.

It's unfortunate that I have to keep posting again and again on this thread, but it seems the only way to get your attention.

photo 2.PNG

With respect to the below, I began trying to sign in yesterday at 1:36pm...

photo 3.PNG

photo 4.PNG

0 Likes