Slow LTE Speeds After Switching Plans
OSCROJ36
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently upgraded from an iPhone 6 to the X and was required to change plans from Large 8GB to Go Unlimited. Ever since the change, my data speeds is being throttled during my morning and evening commutes. I'm nowhere near the 22GB limit, so I don't understand why my speeds are so slow. I'm not able to stream on Spotify or Pandora w/o incessant buffering. Prior to the change, something like this was never an issue.

I travel from 01970 to 02111 during my commute. Since I am paying a higher monthly premium and am not near the 22GB, I don't see why my speeds should be getting throttled -- especially for something as basic as streaming a music service. It's not like it's video or a graphic-heavy application.

I see from other posts on these forums that I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. Could someone please explain why this is happening? AND resolve it? I upgraded phones b/c I was experiencing the well-known battery issues on the iPhone6. Now, I'm regretting the upgrade (phone and plan) as well as staying on Verizon.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Slow LTE Speeds After Switching Plans
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Go Unlimited Plan doesn't have the 22 GB deprioritization limit. That's on the Beyond Unlimited Plan. The Go Unlimited Plan can deprioritized at any time when there is congestion.

Go Unlimited FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Beyond Unlimited FAQs | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Go Unlimited Plan doesn't have the 22 GB deprioritization limit. That's on the Beyond Unlimited Plan. The Go Unlimited Plan can deprioritized at any time when there is congestion.

Go Unlimited FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Beyond Unlimited FAQs | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

gerr2305
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently upgraded to the beyond unlimited plan and my cellular data speeds have been noticeably worse or even non existent in areas that I used to not have a problem. What gives?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello gerr2305,

We always want you to have the best wireless experience. I know how important it is, and I'm sorry to learn about any issues. I'm eager to assist you with a resolution. Tell me, are you aware of other VZW customers having the same concerns, or is it only happening to you? Can you provide me with a zip code and two cross streets, so I can pinpoint your current location? Please share these details for me, thanks in advance.

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
Corvas
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just "upgraded" too. Same problem. 

I hate Verizon. Another telecom company putting funds into 1) lobbying to limit competition so they can 2) corner and mislead their customers with little threat of someone actually providing a decent service. I would use a different company but they are all equally dirtty. 

Someday a company will overthrow these exploitation based wiseguys with a simple value proposition and straitforward honest policies.  Until then it's fighting with the same companies that you're trying to give your hard earned money to. 

My heart goes out to the customer service reps who have to tow the company line of garbage and whitewash their clearly deceptive policies while slowly feeling there souls and precious lives slip through their fingers. Such a sad con and you know these good folks carrying the companies lies would rather be doing something else.  

LINEME74
Enthusiast - Level 3

First off I'd like to thank Verizon. Cause where I work after 11 am till 6 pm. My data is so bad that often I can't even get on the internet or use my data at all. So it saves on my battery and I don't have to worry about going over my data limit even though I have unlimited. I know what your going to say upgrade to the next package. I had the beyond unlimited and it was the same thing. Before I 11 I could pull 10 to 20 on speed test after that time I'm lucky to pull 1. I've reset my network settings. I've tried 4 different phones all the same. And for those of u wandering why you get slow speeds on the beyond unlimited plan. It's cause they depriortize u during congested times even though u haven't reached your 22 gigs. I've had a Verizon employee tell me that. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want to hear this LINEME74, we want an excellent wireless experience for you. How long has this been happening? What is your ZIP code? RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes