Re: Slow Data Speeds, West Knoxville, TN
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are concerned to hear that you are still having the same issue, DT83. We want to be sure that we have exhausted all of our troubleshooting steps to turn this experience around and I’m happy to continue helping.

We recommend you run a diagnostic http://vz.to/1tuzrWq on your device at your earliest convenience to check the overall health. Does your phone have the newest software update? Clearing the browsers temporary files & cookies will also get things heading in the right direction. I have included additional details on how to clear the temporary files here http://vz.to/2lUFuEF Please reach back out to us when you have the opportunity and we will be ready to continue helping.

SteveR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DT83

Both of the provided links return "an unexpected error has occurred". This happens on wifi, 4G, and on my laptop from multiple Internet Connections.

There is nothing wrong with my phone. It works just fine everywhere else except Cedar Bluff - Fort Sanders West off Kingston Pike.   I am not the only one in my office experiencing these issues with Verizon.  This is not an isolated issue with me, as there are others in this post having the same problems in the same general area of West Knoxville.

Instead of giving us the run around and asking us to try a bunch of stuff that doesn't matter and won't change anything, why doesn't someone from Verizon drive over here and see the problem for themselves.

The Address I am having issues at is [Removed] Knoxville, TN 37922

The Address ilovfriday provided is[Removed] , Knoxville, TN 37922

Who do I contact to receive a credit for the lack of service and time and trouble trying to help Verizon realize there is a service problem?

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
JODSHO47
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing in middle TN. My husband and I have both called and were each told to do a reset or update on our phones. It's not an issue with our phones when it's both of our phones and most of our friends too. Several of our friends have posted this same issue and frustration on social media also. We have been with Verizon for more years than I can remember but if this doesn't improve soon we WILL be finding another service provider. [Removed] we might as well have TMobile considering the service we have now!

inappropriate content  removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
JODSHO47
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's funny how the Verizon rep keeps saying "no issues have been reported in the area"...UMMMM...do they not see all these people REPORTING ISSUES IN THE AREA??? WOW!!!

0 Likes
DT83

This has now been a problem for 3 weeks and still no resolution or help from Verizon. We have provided business addresses where the connection is consistently bad and no response or acknowledgment of a problem from Verizon. It is as simple as driving to one of those addresses, sitting in the parking lot, and trying to use 4G on your cell phone.  The problem will immediately be obvious. 

I know it isn't my phone because other people's verizon service in the same location is just as bad.  My phone works fine in Hardin Valley and just about everywhere else I go in Knoxville.  However, while at work in the Fort Sanders West complex and around Cedar Bluff the 4G is useless. 

I can't run a speed test today because it gets stuck at "finding the best server..." and never connects.

Will someone please take this seriously and investigate the problem and let us know when we can expect a resolution. I depend on my 4G coverage for work and personal use, which I why I spend a lot of money each month for Verizon. I understand that issues occur and that is acceptable, however 3 weeks with no resolution is not.,

0 Likes
ilovfriday
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since it's clear that the people here have no interest in solving our problem and are only using canned responses I am going to escalate this a bit.  First I plan to file complaints with the FCC and FTC along with the Tennessee Attorney general. These may not get anywhere but my hope is that it will make it to someone at Verizon that will actually get in touch with the department that can fix this.  Next I am going to use my business contacts with Verizon (my company has hundreds of Verizon phones) to see if they can help.

I encourage anyone having this problem to files the complaints - I am formally accusing Verizon Wireless as being negligent.  There is zero excuse for this; a company the size of Verizon monitors their equipment and someone that can fix it know this is an issue - why it's not being fixed is un-explained but I will get an answer and will report back once I know more.  To the Verizon people working this board only respond if you have something intelligent to say and keep your canned, un-helpful responses to yourself.

0 Likes
mjharper

I'm having this issue too. I work in an office complex off of Parkside Dr. by the Kroger you mentioned, and I have also noticed slow/nonexistent data speeds on LTE. I've gotten in the habit of turning off LTE for data so I can still use my phone at work. At first I thought something was wrong with my phone, but I only experience the issue at work. Thanks for posting, and add me to the list of disgruntled Verizon LTE users in this area.

P.S. iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.3

0 Likes
ilovfriday
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wanted to give everyone an update.  Shortly after my last post I contacted Verizon and insisted a case be opened and that I get a followup on what was being done.  They opened a case and I did get regular text updates saying that the issue was being worked on and then this morning I received one saying my issue had been resolved to try my service again.  From my perspective the issue is not resolved, by disabling LTE and falling back to 3g my speeds are still faster.  As of right now I am seeing about 1 megabit download speeds on LTE which is better than the .01 I was getting last week bit this is not resolved in my opinion...

I called customer service and referenced the ticket number I had been given; the notes on the ticket indicate that the issue was that the tower in this area is overloaded and that the technician "increased available spectrum capacity" and "rerouted some areas to different towers".  I informed them that the issue is not resolved from my perspective and that I would like the case re-opened. They have re-opened it and I am told to expect a call from the technician who worked the case.  I will followup when I know more.

0 Likes
ilovfriday
Enthusiast - Level 2

This will be my last post here... I got a call from Verizon yesterday evening saying they are closing the case because the problem is now resolved where resolved by there definition is that they have analyzed the problem and their is no near term fix.

The issue as they describe is due to "tower overloading" in this specific area and a change was made on 4/3/17 to relive some pressure. From my experience I am able to use my phone on LTE in this area now but just barley; 3g is still giving better speeds.  The person I spoke with said that the more complaints they receive will cause the "signal team" to evaluate installing a new tower in this area.  Even if they decide to install another that would take many months to complete.

I urge anyone in this area who is having issues to contact Verizon, insist that they open a case - if they tell you there are no reported issues in the area that's a lie and I have case number to prove it.  If they do not connect you with someone who either provides you a case number or sends one to you via text nothing is recorded and nothing will be done.  We need multiple reports so they will take action.

This whole situation shows that version is falling from their throne of best carrier.  Any company like this monitors their equipment; they had to know this was going to be an issue long ago by looking at trending data but they took no action.  I would put money on the fact they are planing to "fix" this issue in a few years when 3G gets turned off by using that spectrum for LTE.  If this gets worse again in the coming months, as I fear it will, I will have not choice but to jump ship to AT&T Smiley Sad.

0 Likes
rmgenua

Hey-

Thank you for sharing and looking into what Verizon apparently will not. [removed]

On another note, been talking with a close friend that works for Sprint. [removed].  Apparently more people in Knoxville are switching due to Verizon's poor service.

Personal email is [removed]

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes