Slow 4G LTE in the Dallas area
Neo0421

I was wondering if I am the only one have issues with 4G LTE in the DFW area.  If I get on Facebook or Instagram, barely half of the pictures load up on 4G but I am on Wifi the pictures load up perfectly fine.  I know Wifi is supposed to be better for data, but I can't get wifi everywhere I go. I just noticed this yesterday and wanted Verizon Wireless to be aware of that.

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Slow 4G LTE in the Dallas area
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The signal inspector is here to help! Let's put your service under a microscope! As a social media junkie, I can certainly understand how much of an inconvenience it can be not to have the best connection while socializing. I'm confident that we can partner together and get this taken care of once and for all. What zip code are you having the issue in? Also, what model device are you using? As you share the details of the issue then we can customize a solution for you.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
AudioFenix

You are not the only one Neo. I consistantly get slow 4g LTE speeds in the DFW metroplex. Over the last month I've run several speed tests and come back with less than 2Mbps download. During the 12 o'clock lunch hour I have to switch to 3G just to get any data at all. I thought it might be my phone (Samsung Galaxy Nexus) so I did a factory reset a while back which didn't help anything. Then I spoke with support on the phone who suggested I get a new SIM card at the local store. I did that, and it helped some. My speeds went up by changing the SIM card from less than 1Mbps to the less than 2Mbps I'm now recording. What I found interesting was that the rep at the store said that it would probably only get faster during non-peak hours. The reason speeds are so low on 4G LTE is because there are too many people using it for the infrastructure that is currently in place. That statement along with my continued dissatisfaction with the speeds I'm getting are making the competition look good. For any good it will do, I am mostly in zip codes 75248 and 75001.

0 Likes
tawii1

I have been having similar issues in the 75001 zip code for the past few months.  There seem to be capacity issues as AudioFenix mentions especially during the noon hour.  I'm very frustrated since changing out my SIM card doesn't seemed to have helped as was suggested.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for sharing these details AudioFenix!

We definitely want to get to the bottom of these LTE concerns. I would be incredibly sad if you were to leave the VZW family. I appreciate all of the troubleshooting you've completed so far! Do you currently have your Data roaming on? Try turning it on here: http://vz.to/12ZhOgH

Have we had the opportunity of filing a network ticket for you?

Generally when there's an issue in multiple locations we review everything about the device. Have we tried replacing the device yet? Is there any physical or liquid damage?

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
AudioFenix

Data roaming is always on. There has not been any damage to the phone. I spoke with a rep yesterday via the chat system because 4G was completely down and still is today (for me at least). Can only get data on 3G. I went through all of their device troubleshooting and he set up a ticket for the network to be checked after none of the troubleshooting worked. I did not receive a ticket number. I have not tried replacing the device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details, AudioFenix! Lets see what we can do to get this resolved! Accept my follow request and follow me back. Send a private message with your name and mobile number.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
AudioFenix

I've done this but haven't received any updates or new information. I've been on 3G only for the past 3 days because 4G is so horrible/non-existent.

0 Likes
AudioFenix

Still horrible 4G LTE. I've decided to start doing a running log of data speeds (at least when Speedtest can properly run a test). I've essentially given up on 4G. If I'm not at home using wifi I'm using 3G because it is faster an more reliable than 4G in this area.

I've tried replacing my phone in store, but whether it be the location of the store, or the time that I went in, he was not able to reproduce the horribly slow 4G speed so it seems that it is not the device and they won't replace it. As far as LenaA_VZW, I've been contacted once by this person to which I responded with an email. Since then there has been no commuication. It's infuriating that I've paid for a device with certain features (like 4g LTE) and I cannot use it. I still stand by the thought that the infrastructure in this area is simply not enough for the customer base.

0 Likes
Cripes
Enthusiast - Level 2

It ain't just Dallas, TX! Just look at these forums. Verizon added too many devices too soon, in my opinion, and now can't provide the service their customers expect. At least they've started (at times) admitting some networks are congested. I'm still waiting for a 66% discount since my 4G is all but unusable for 2/3 of my day. And only usable when most people are sleeping. Then I laugh at such an outlandish, ethical, business practice! This is AMERICA!!!! At this point my $$$$ will be going to another wireless provider if things don't change in my area by the end of October. They keep bragging about "America's Largest 4G Network" but forget to add, "and slowest during peak hours." Or maybe that's in the fine print I'm never able to finish reading.

0 Likes