Signal in Hollywood FL
Mg28
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live near Downtown Hollywood FL. This is a heavily populated urban area and 4G service is terrible and seems to be getting worse. I've been a customer for years and am considering switching carriers. It seems like it's also gotten worse throughout South Florida. Would like to know what's going on and if Verizon is planning new towers?

Re: Signal in Hollywood FL
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want to lose you.  Having full service at all times is mandatory.  Let’s turn this around.  When did first this first start?  What specifically is happening with calls, texts, and data?  Are other Verizon devices in that area having this same issue?

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Signal in Hollywood FL
Mg28
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sean, Thanks for responding. It's at least glad to see someone is listening. We moved into a new home approx 4 blocks from downtown Hollywood approx 2 years ago. Signal has never been good inside. Verizon sent me a Samsung range extender but the latency is so bad I had to disconnect it and I have Fiber Optic Internet with excellent upload and download speeds. I am able to make VOIP calls but they also have issues when going in and out of Wi-Fi range. We frequent the downtown Hollywood corridor and signal is awful or non existent and we are talking about an urban area.  Verizon is the most expensive carrier and I don't mind paying the premium for quality but unfortunately that's not what I'm getting. It's also quite frustrating that I'm getting gigged many months at $15GB in overage for such poor service. I've been a long time customer and it just seems like coverage is getting worse.