Re: San Francisco LTE Awful at Market & Fremont
SM69

I am also at Market and Fremont and have the exact issue you describe..

0 Likes
t2mobile
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm also in downtown SF. Pine and Front and speeds have been horrible and inconsistent.  My speeds at home (Near GG park/Cole) have been worse. Used to be great, but the last 3 months I average about 400kbps down/ 30 kbps up.  Not very good for a major metropolitan city .  Here's my earlier post regarding SF coverage. I responded to another post. The more people posting and and spreading the word, the quicker it should get resolved (hopefully)

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/986525#986525

0 Likes
lester537

Verizon:

Any updates on this? LTE is basically useless at Market/Fremont (both indoors and outdoors). My co-workers with AT&T have blazing fast speeds while I often need to switch from LTE to 3G just to send a text message or send an e-mail.

I spent an hour on the phone with a customer service rep who said he would text me the ticket number after he completed filling it out. Something about sending out someone to test the signal at Market/Fremont. I never received the ticket number and never received a follow up.

I just tried to run a speed test on LTE. 0.53 Mbps download, 0.01 Mbps upload. Horrible.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Lester have you tried power cycling your phone while in the Area you might try that and you might have the Customer Rep. check your PRL it may need updating if so.. they can push the new update to your phone.. 

0 Likes
lester537

I have an iPhone 5. I have power cycled the phone. I have taken out the SIM card and re-inserted it. I have reset all network settings. I am currently on PRL version 15256. Is there a version newer than this?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It could be Lester this is something you'll have to check with Tech Services) -- 1-800-922-0204 Option 3 or *611 on your mobile use option 3)  Since i'm in another state from yours mine is slightly different but having an updated PRL can help Quite a bit..

0 Likes
lester537

Looks like the iPhone 5 updates the PRL automatically.

The problem is not with my phone but more with Verizon LTE coverage. Market St. and Fremont St. is right in the San Francisco Financial District. I have talked to several co-workers and they have all noticed a significant drop in Verizon LTE speeds over the past few months. Speeds are fine in other areas of San Francisco but horrible in the downtown financial district.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi lester537,

Let's get to the bottom of this issue! Coverage looks very solid in your area. Do you always experience the same data speed issues in this particular location? Is it faster at different times? It sounds like this might be a network congestion issue during business hours. Please follow me and send me a direct message including your wireless number and account verification (same you verify when you call us) and I'll follow up on the resolution ticket mentioned in one of your posts.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
lester537

AntonioC_VZW,

It's slow all the time in the SF downtown area. I ran an LTE speed test earlier today and got 0.14 down and 0.00 up (not a typo)....I just ran a test now and I got 0.58 down and 0.01 up. I tried to follow you and just need your approval now. Thanks.

0 Likes
t2mobile
Enthusiast - Level 3

Lester537

I'm on Pine/Front and have been experiencing horrible speeds (Mid day mostly)  and even worse speeds at my home  in the haight from my Jetpack (Which I cancelled) and my HTC DNA.   Below are some other posts regarding the same issue.  The more people reporting this and dropping Verizon will hopefully send a signal. It's obvious that Verizon has oversubscribed the bay area. 

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/802541

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/802217

0 Likes