Re: San Francisco LTE Awful at Market & Fremont
B33
Legend

Wouch! that's disturbing..

0 Likes
slamtilt
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anywhere from 1 to 3 bars, but iMessages are sending as texts, and even mail is intermittent.

Sales Force has A LOT of commercial space this block, I wonder how they are dealing with it?

0 Likes
whootang12
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just went to the Verizon store nearby on Pine Street.  The service immediately out front was 0.06 mb/s down.  I walked into the store and asked the friendly guys working there if they had issues.  They agree the service doesn't really work in the area, they claimed that network engineers were aware of the problem.  It's pretty funny when Verizon service doesn't even work in their own stores!!!!  Now if only Verizon would own up to the issues "officially" and commit to a date when it will be fixed before I take my business elsewhere.

slamtilt
Enthusiast - Level 3

That is hilarious and sad.  Smiley Sad

0 Likes
tmcd6257

I work on Fremont Street between Market and Mission...joined the firm about a month ago and have been experiencing the same issues that are being discussed here. I have no idea to run a diagnostics test but I can affirm that there is a massive issue with the service in this area.

I walk home towards Russian Hill everyday and it's not until I cross over Pine Street that any of my service appears to come back to a reasonable speed. Wanted to chime in say that I have similar issues...

0 Likes
kickback
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't even get past the ping on speedtest.net. This sucks -- CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?

slamtilt
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think I know why the battery life on my brand new 5s is worse than my 4.

Settings > Cellular > Enable LTE > OFF 

Full 3G Bars Smiley Sad

0 Likes
t2mobile
Enthusiast - Level 3

If they can't commit to dates for resolution, you're entitled to credits or to have ETF's waived for cancellation. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with them demanding they let me out of my Jetpack agreement since it was in a great coverage area (4 bars), but not getting any service and most of the time timing out.  You need to press them on it and be willing to send them your data of speeds. If they can't commit to a date that it will be resolved you can walk. You'll need to work with tech support.  I called them over a month ago and they are all aware of the issues, but they can't give an ETA. They've significantly oversubscribed the  city.  I've been tweeting about it on their support page and will be sending a letter to the PUC.  I'm o.k with occasional congestion, but all day everyday of non operating services. Not cool.

0 Likes
whootang12
Enthusiast - Level 3

I called up today and had tickets opened; all areas where I regularly get 2-4 bars of service and download speeds of less than 0.50 mb/s.    The guy said these areas are listed as having good coverage and these tickets usually get addressed in 48-72 hours.  I'd be shocked if that happens, but hopefully somebody at Verizon starts listening and taking action.  They also told me it is ticket  >>removed<<  that was opened on 9/17 for the location immediately in front of the Pine Street Verizon Store (that one still makes me laugh).

I'd encourage everyone to call and complain as well, that's the only way we might get a reasonable response.

>> Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

whootang12
Enthusiast - Level 3

We aren't doing anything fancy, just visit http://www.speedtest.net/ and download the app for free.

0 Likes