Re: San Francisco LTE Awful at Market & Fremont
lester537

t2mobile

Thanks for the response. I know I'm definitely not alone after reading some of the other threads on this issue (like the ones you posted) as well as talking to other people who work in this area.

I almost regret switching over from AT&T since my coworkers who have AT&T have blazing fast LTE speeds....where I'm now stuck with speeds slower than 3G. In fact, I sometimes have to switch from LTE to 3G just to send text messages and e-mails.

0 Likes
whootang12
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got an iPhone 5s and am now using the LTE network for the first time.  I work in 94105 and live in 94122.  In 94105 I've had many issues, but also received download speeds of 10-15 mb/s down.  I'm assuming you guys have some congestion issues.  In my office building, I get 5 bars of 3g but only 1-3 bars of LTE.  At home, I don't really get any LTE despite being right smack in the middle of a major neighborhood of San Francisco.  It is faster for me to shut off the 1-2 bars of LTE and use my 5 bars of 3g, but that's pretty annoying to have to do.  I've been a customer for many years and never had issues with VZW until I tried to use the LTE here in SF.

0 Likes
lester537

I have 4 bars in 94105 right now. I just ran a speed test on LTE and I received a super slow download speed of 0.03 Mbps and an upload speed of 0.00 Mbps. Pretty much useless.

0 Likes
whootang12
Enthusiast - Level 3

yup, we must work in the same building.  I just got the same at Market/Fremont and Fremont/Mission.  It simply didn't work despite 4 bars.

0 Likes
amorain
Enthusiast - Level 2

OMGosh...I have this problem to.  I'm in S. California, Inland Empire. I get NO service anywhere here and I'm in a city with plenty of towers and stores around.  I NEVER get 4G and usually only 3G on 2 bars at most then it goes to 1x, whatever that is.  I have a Samsung S3 and I'm very disappointed with Verizon.  I switched from Boost Mobile but I'm coming to find that I should have just gotten the S4 through Boost and stuck with them.  The Boost service was just the same as Verizon but about $60 cheaper a month.

0 Likes
San Francisco LTE Awful at Market & Fremont
t2mobile
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow. Lightning .  This is when it's actually working.  Most times, it just times out.   Time to get a Dial- Up account

0 Likes
B33
Legend

If you have an Android phone OOKLA just put out a Update and it looks really Nice and i think it's pretty accurate one thing to NOTE.. if your using Wi-Fi to test make sure the Data indicator phone is fully off )  When I tried testing on my Razr Maxx it would not fully run the Wi-Fi test till i disabled the network Data...

t2mobile
Enthusiast - Level 3

Funny you just mentioned that since I just updated a bunch of Apps, including OOKLA. I only use WIFI these day's since 4G  is useless and would probably take 45 minutes to do an update

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well this is the first time I noticed a lock up with the App and Iv used it for a Long time but most of the other test times I had Data shut off any way but this time I just happened to have it on kind of by mistake, So at first i thought it needed a clear of the Cache did that it still remained so then i Uninstalled and then re-installed it and ran it again same issue so with a few head scratches I thought I'll try Disabling the Data it worked again.. but I use this app and and System Panel App quite often to keep and eye on both of my Razr's..

0 Likes
slamtilt
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am in the same area, Fremont/Mission, same problem.  Just upgraded to LTE + iPhone 5S 4 days ago.  Terrible speeds at work.

OOKLA tests, around 9:30am PST today:

SE Corner: 209ms ping, 0.36mbps down and .01mbps up.

NE Corner: 175ms ping, 0.52mbps down and .000mbps up.

NW Corner: 131ms ping, 0.00mbps down and 0.00mbps up.

SW Corner: 413ms ping, 0.42mbps down and 0.00mbps up.

Yesterday, 12:30PM in the same spot, I actually got a negative ping!

SE Corner: -1 ms ping, 0.03mbps down and 0.00mbps up.

My co-worker with T-Mobile on his iPhone 5 came over to the same exact spot and hit 44ms pings, ~25mbps down and ~15 up averages after multiple races we did.

0 Likes