Re: Samsung SCH-LC11 constant disconnects
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks to the community members for your input. Adding to what was stated, perhaps you can try a battery pull on the Droid X, followed by checking the data enabled feature to check and make sure your 3G data is enabled.  Also try doing a *228 and selecting prompt 2 is as a good option on your Droid X. You can also use a reference at the support.vzw.com website where most of our knowledge base articles are viewable to assist with trying to resolve issues.

I am giving you a link to the website: http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5636&m  

0 Likes
JB21386
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
Avemar

I'm having the same issue.  WiFi signal is 5 bars but LTE signal is 110 according to the modem status area.  I think it's associated with low signal.

0 Likes
Blitz313

Has anyone had any luck keeping this device connected for more than a few minutes?  I have three people connected to the network and the device constantly shuts off.  This is extremely aggrevating having to reboot the device every few minutes.  I'm hoping someone has had some luck with this.  I had read on another post that disabling the n-mode and changing the security type to WPA2 (AES)  helped the stability, but that's definitely not the case.

I hope someone from Verizon/Samsung can speak to this because this is highly unacceptable for a $300 device.

Btw - it shut off on me twice while typing this.... ridiculous.

0 Likes
wogmom

I upgraded my aircard 2 days ago to the Samsung 4G Hot Spot, had the same issues, constantly being dropped.  Initially tech support told me to exchange it, which I did with no questions from store.  I no more than got home before it began happening again.  I was ready to call it quits, I am no early "adopter" so this was not worth it to me.

I gave tech support one more try and after an hour on the phone was finally transferred to the "4G" support group, more familiar with the new network and devices (no, I don't know why this didn't occur the first time I called...). 

I again explained my symptoms:  Getting knocked off the network a couple times an hour, replacing device, etc...  It was then that she told me that since the device is on a metered plan (not unlimited) that it is preset to go dormant after 30 minutes of non-use.

She directed me to enter 192.168.1.1 in the browser bar.  This takes you to the device admin site.  Log in using your Samsung device password (under battery cover).

Go to "Configuration" tab at top of screen.  Then click on "POWER" tab.  You can change the "power off when idle" settings to NONE. Did this and saved settings.

I left the device up with my laptop connected to the internet all night to see if it had gone dormant when I got up.  I had not, it was still connected.

So far, this seems to have fixed my problem.

0 Likes
wogmom

Have you tried changing the "Power" setting to never go dormant?  It is preset to go dormant after 30 mins of inactivity.  Located under Configurations tab on admin site.

0 Likes
Blitz313

Yes - I've tried various settings.  That was one of the first items I had thought was the culprit.  Didn't seem to have much affect at the time.  So far today I haven't changed any of the settings from yesterday and today it has been fairly stable.  I had noticed too having issue when using the b/g/n setting versus just b/g where web-traffic was not coming through however I was still receiving e-mail and instant messaging traffic.  Switched it back to b/g and haven't had any issues since.

0 Likes
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3

There is a firmware update now available for the device from Samsung, it will reset all the settings to factory default after, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/SCH-LC11ZKAVZW

0 Likes
MacLuver

Thank you for the news and link.  I am still within my 14 day trial period and was ready to return the hotspot today.  I'm going to give it the rest of today and tomorrow and see what happens.  Tethering to iPhone is more reliable and consistent than this hotspot, albeit slower.

0 Likes
MacLuver

I've been using the updated firmware for about 2 hours.  Not better.  I also went to just "b/g" as compared to "b/g/n" for WiFi and it did not help either.  Yesterday Adium and Mail.app were both alerting me to connectivity issues.  Those same alerts are still happening with the update firmware.

Time to return this device and get my money back.  I choose to have consistent and solid connectivity that is slower over faster but does not work reliably connectivity.  I can not have my ssh sessions interrupted like this.

0 Likes