Ridiculous slow Data Speed
BRIELL13
Enthusiast - Level 3

Apprears Verizon has an issue with slow data speed in Jonesboro AR.  Particularly in town around popular businesses such as Sam's and along Red Wolf Blvd. Some of my test were ran while driving by the Verizon store.  Its ridiculous.  Are speeds being throttled  back or just not able to handle the traffic? Is this on purpose to try to get me to pay extra for premium data? I have the $35 unlimited data and I understand it says my data may be temporarily slower during congestion, but less than 1mbps?! Its unusable.  It's not my phone because other people with me have the same issue.   Here are screenshots of the test I did while experiencing the issue on different dates and times.  Anyone else have an issue?

Screenshot_20200704-085304_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20200704-085243_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20200704-085216_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20200704-085056_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20200704-085028_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20200704-085018_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20200704-084946_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20200704-084925_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20200704-084912_Speedtest.jpg

Tags (3)
Re: Ridiculous slow Data Speed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your service concerns are our concerns too. We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing slow data speed problems in Jonesboro, AR. We appreciate the screenshots you've shared with our team and your feedback about the data speed issues you're experiencing. Rest assured we'll do everything we can to get this resolved. Based on the location you've provided (e.g., Sam's along Red Wolf Blvd in Jonesboro, AR), we've located this area in the 72401 zip code. Let's work together to get this resolved. How long have you been experiencing data speed slowness? Is this happening while you're indoors, outdoors, or both? Have there been any recent changes to your phone? (e.g., software update, new apps downloaded, etc.) - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
BRIELL13
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the reply.  This happens while sitting in a vehicle, outside or in a building. I have not made any changes to my phone. This has been going on for months.   I didn't notice it as much when I had a metered data plan unless we ran out of data for the month.    I feel like data is slow due to congestion but it should at least be usuable.   My wife who has a note 10 and my daughter who has an iphone has experienced it as well. They have been with me when the speeds are so slow.  Thanks again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello BRIELL13,

I appreciate those additional details, as well as the insight you provided. I would like to access your account and review the details. I will send you a Private Note, too.  

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
BRIELL13
Enthusiast - Level 3

I clicked the link to authenticate.  Here are some screen shots of test ran when I was experiencing slowness yesterday.  This time I was in the downtown area of Jonesboro.  Thanks.Screenshot_20200710-184957_Speedtest.jpgScreenshot_20200710-184951_Speedtest.jpgScreenshot_20200710-184938_Speedtest.jpg

0 Likes
RBlattNZ

You're telling me that Verizon has known of this issue for 7 months? Last week I spoke with a customer representative via chat messaging on the My Verizon app about the EXTREMELY slow and complete lack of signal & data service in the same Jonesboro area. It's SERIOUSLY bad, especially for a "we work everywhere" company and since there's multiple Verizon cell towers in the area.

I mentioned it to a representative a few days prior, who said I needed to contact them while in the specific area. Next day I did. The representative I spoke with ran a much of tests, verified the issue, and forwarded the report.

Ever since I signed up with your service last year, 72401 Jonesboro is HORRID, My apps and internet browser barely or fail load, calls and gps drop, my Spotify freezes and can't play anything, and often zero bars of service (replaced with 🚫).

If you enter any store or place of business, the ONLY way to avoid waiting 5-10mins for anything to load is connecting to their public wifi. Sounds safe right? All your info exposed and vulnerable because you have to maintain service? I have for work.

How has this KNOWN issue not been fixed yet?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RBlattNZ, please allow us the chance to help work on getting this all resolved with you as soon as we can. Please send us a Private Note for better assistance. 

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
xipotec

Most threads on this issue. Definably a bait and switch scam.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can assure you that this is the last thing we want you to feel. We are always here to help you. I know speeds are important. Does your service improve in a different location? Is anyone else having this issue? AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
RBlattNZ

Does service improve in a different location? Yes, once you leave Jonesboro it improves. 

I live about 30mins away and there's ONE Verizon cell tower nearby (2 miles away). My reception at home is normally 3 bars and I don't have connectivity issues.

There are approximately 13 Verizon towers in Jonesboro. 3 of those are within the specific area in question - between South Caraway and Red Wolf Blvd, from I-555 to E Matthew's Ave. That's where it's a dead zone. The surrounding area, maybe a 5 mile radius, is slightly better.

How can there be such horrid reception and such a gigantic dead zone with all those Verizon cell towers? My phone's connection strength is -116 dBm on average there (-120 dBm = dead zone).

0 Likes