Poor data speeds in ZIP 65605
bmeaves1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a tower down or underperforming in ZIP 65605 (Aurora, MO).  It started several months ago.  My mom lives there and I visit weekly and have been pulling less than 1 Mbps on 4G LTE for the last several months.  We both have iPhone 6s Plus handsets and are getting 1-2 bars with very slow data.  Voice quality on the 1X network has gotten so bad that I activated the Advance Calling over LTE feature and it's much better, but data is still extremely slow.  I've had Verizon for a year, and my mom has had Alltel/Verizon for 20+ years and haven't had an issue with data speed before, and she is getting extremely frustrated and has been talking about switching to another provider.  It's never been as fast in ZIP 65605 as it is in my hometown (which is ZIP 65810), but we were getting 5-10 Mbps before this happened.  I've checked all settings on both devices, and they are nearly brand new phones with no damage.  My phone works fine when I leave ZIP 65605, so it cannot be the handsets.  Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor data speeds in ZIP 65605
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bmeaves1, you deserve to the fast speeds. We regret to hear about this experience. We’d like to take this opportunity to work with you to get the speeds back to both you and your mother’s devices. Is it better indoors or outdoors? Any other VZW customers having this issue?

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bmeaves1
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's the same whether indoors or outdoors. I have had other people who

live in the area and have Verizon mention that speeds are slower lately.

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 11:33 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand your concern, bmeaves1. We appreciate you and your Mom’s loyalty with us. I am happy to hear that enabling Advanced Calling helped your device. I have looked into your Mom’s zip code and there are some areas of opportunity for service there. With that being said, when summer is here there is foliage, that can also block signals. There is not a tower down or anything to that extent. I would need to know the exact address in order to determine what exactly is happening in your Mom’s area. Since this is a public forum, you may want to have your Mom call or chat in when it is a good time for her, so we can address the issue more thoroughly. http://vz.to/28U2iOz

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes