Poor coverage area
Andrew2pt0

Wondering where I report an area of poor coverage? Not only myself, but everyone I run into that has Verizon across multiple devices reports having hot bad cell and data coverage in a few areas where I live. I have seen some people get responses from Verizon here in regards to these inquiries. Hoping that maybe some resolution could be found? In the 94931 area code.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor coverage area
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Andrew2pt0,

Having the best service available in your area is extremely important. We're here to help. We checked your zip code and didn't find anything that stands out. Please help us get a better understanding of what you're experiencing. When you say that you have bad cell and data coverage, what exactly is happening? How long have you been experiencing trouble?

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Andrew2pt0

Thanks for the response. The biggest problem I've noticed is with data/lte. At the corner of old redwood hwy and gravenstein way/hwy 116 my phone will show strong lte connection but little to no speed or sites just won't load. Also in that area, I am frequently unable to place/receive phone calls or text messages and the ones I do tend to drop very quickly. This all happens and tends to be spread from that intersection down old redwood hwy towards east cotati, and then down east cotati avenue until roughly the intersection with lasalle or Lancaster. It is frequently reported to me by friends with Verizon also that they have the same problems in the same areas. The strangest part of all of it to me is it has happened to me over multiple devices as well as being located right off the freeway. I have had some issues with dropped phone calls along the freeway in that area as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Andrew2pt0,

We appreciate you getting back to us with those additional details. We'd like to gather some additional information, so we've sent you a private message. Please check your inbox and respond there.

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
warnerpr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Cotati coverage is still terrible. 

A good place to send a tech to test is Oliver's Market 546 E Cotati Ave, Cotati, CA 94931.

I can't even do a Google search there.  Speedtest.net sas 0 Mbps upload.  Most of the South East side of town acts the same.  Some big long term problem here.  Multiple people with phones from different brands report the problem.  My Pixel 1 and Pixel 3 all showed the same behavior.  It's not our phones...  I get 50-60 Mbps speedtest.net at the office 10 minutes away.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Not really, Cotati is the smallest incorporated community in Sonoma county. Poor coverage areas are improved based on on the biggest needs for the region, not the smallest!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

warnerpr, you deserve fantastic coverage at all times. We know how much of an inconvenience it can be to experience a fluctuating signal, and we want to fix this. Thank you for providing your Zip code. I thoroughly reviewed the 94931 area and found no service issues to report. Is the issue you’re experiencing happening indoors/outdoors or both? How far from the affected area do you need to travel in order for your service to improve? What happens when you make or receive a phone call or text message?

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
drm1963
Enthusiast - Level 3
Harrison, Tennessee 37341 Cell Service degraded badly from Full bar to in past 6 months now @ 1 dot
drm1963
drm1963

First off We have iPhone X, iPhone 6s+, iPad 9.7 with Cell service on it.

Family has iPhone x, iPhone 8, iPads, a few Android devices  etc...

We are an Apple FamilyWe have lived in this Home for over 5 years and I have been with Verizon forever, prior to moving here.

When we moved in we had Cell service at MAX strength.

Over pst 6 months our cell service has degrade to what it is now, ALL BUT NON_EXISTANT!

Now this is both inside and Outside the home and the Tower is 1.5 miles away and since I hve not moved my 4,000 sqft home and from what I can tell the tower has not moved either there must be something that Verizon is doing to degrade the signal.

I keep all the phones for my family updated. I have had the phones to the Verizon and Apple store and neither have identified issues with our phones so again, there must be something that Verizon is doing to degrade the signal.

I have spoken to others in the area with Android as well as more Apple products and they all have the same story.

Verizon service has degraded to the point to where I am looking at changing providers as well as recommending others do the same in the area and then Verizon may take notice of the situation!

I can go to my family inCleveland where we have always had a full bar and strangly we still have a full bar when there but again we return home and anywhere we are we no have just 1 dot or less!

0 Likes
drm1963
Enthusiast - Level 3
Harrison, Tennessee 37341 Cell Service degraded badly from Full bar to in past 6 months now @ 1 dot

First off We have iPhone X, iPhone 6s+, iPad 9.7 with Cell service on it.

Family has iPhone x, iPhone 8, iPads, a few Android devices  etc...

We are an Apple FamilyWe have lived in this Home for over 5 years and I have been with Verizon forever, prior to moving here.

When we moved in we had Cell service at MAX strength.

Over pst 6 months our cell service has degrade to what it is now, ALL BUT NON_EXISTANT!

Now this is both inside and Outside the home and the Tower is 1.5 miles away and since I hve not moved my 4,000 sqft home and from what I can tell the tower has not moved either there must be something that Verizon is doing to degrade the signal.

I keep all the phones for my family updated. I have had the phones to the Verizon and Apple store and neither have identified issues with our phones so again, there must be something that Verizon is doing to degrade the signal.

I have spoken to others in the area with Android as well as more Apple products and they all have the same story.

Verizon service has degraded to the point to where I am looking at changing providers as well as recommending others do the same in the area and then Verizon may take notice of the situation!

I can go to my family inCleveland where we have always had a full bar and strangly we still have a full bar when there but again we return home and anywhere we are we no have just 1 dot or less!

0 Likes
warnerpr
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is still a problem.

The problem really seems to be upload LTE.

I get a speedtest.net download speed of 2 Mbps even in inside my house,  but I get 0.03 Mbps upload.  Since of course real world apps.  2 Mbps is enough download for an incoming video call, that's a lot of bits for a mobile device, but for upload 0.03 Mbps I don't think is even enough for a VoIP audio call upstream.  The upload doesn't need to be that fast, but I think that's the problem, something in the upstream path.  

Let me try to see if the same happens outside.

0 Likes